CLD-D704 tray problems

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Christ Reynolds, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i recently scored a pioneer cld-d704 from ebay, for a pretty good price ($266). so i get the thing powered up, and the tray wont open. the cd tray wont open either. it sounds like its not even trying to open it either, no motors seem to be activating. i'm not sure if i would hear them if it was working properly. anyway, does anyone know what the problem could be? i have a 7 day return policy from the guy who i bought it from on ebay, but i would rather not eat the shipping costs both ways. and i paid so little for the thing, if i could get it fixed for not a TON of money, i'd be willing to do that. ive posted this in alt.video.laserdisc as well, just to get maximum exposure. i know there are a lot of ld wizards here too, hopefully some kind sould can point me in the right direction. and i was looking forward to hearind star wars in dolby digital 5.1 today too, ahh such sweet sorrow. many thanks in advance.

CJ

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    suh-weet, it appears to have been fixed. i took it apart, tinkered with it, and now its working, thats the short story version. anyway, i'm very happy with this players performance so far, i had no idea ld could look this good.

CJ

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

shipping and ld players don't mix.
    even after double boxing and great packing
    it took a year to get fed ex to pay for repair charges when they dumped my 79 upside down on my doorstep
    have fun
    grant

4. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Well congrats on getting it working again.

I'm glad I found a CLD-59 locally as a replacement for my 605, which I still need to get fixed. I really should check out this place at Sunset as Grant suggested back then [​IMG].

-Christian