What's new

CHRONICLES OF NARNIA (retitled thread) (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I care :)

This film just didnt work for me. I felt like Id seen it before and there was no explaination of why or how the wardrobe worked besides it being in a inventors home. I actually found myself waiting for it to end.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
How does the One Ring work? How does Excalibur work? It's fantasy, not sci fi :)

Although there is an explanation for the wardrobe's uniqueness later on in the series...

The wardrobe was made from the wood of a an apple tree grown from a Narnian apple.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Finally caught up with this in DVD and had similar reactions to many here. Found it to be moderately entertaining, but it didn't blow my doors off...no "wow" moments for me, either.

They really should consider getting a new production team for the next film. The direction was very pedestrian and many edits seemed quite jarring or just plain odd. They also need to spend more on the FX. There was a lot of borderline CGI in this film, IMO. I'm generally pretty forgiving WRT visual effects, but a lot of these just looked substandard.

But, then again, that seems to be the standard for a Walden Media film...earnest wholesomeness on the cheap. Most of their films seem to have a "made for TV" vibe to me, and that was present in "Narnia" as well. It reminded me of one of those fantasy mini-series like "Merlin" or "Gulliver's Travels".

I also have to agree that none of the kids are going to win any beauty contests anytime soon, and I didn't really buy into Georgie Hensley's performance, either. Her facial expressions seemed wrong in several scenes. Especially when she's supposed to be sad, on the verge of tears, yet looks like she's smiling (such as when she discovers the frozen Mr. Tumnus in the castle).

I'd probably give it a B-. Still, I will probably try and see "Prince Caspian" in the theater when it is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks