What's new

ChromeCast with AVR (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Kanrell
Hello

I´m new to this forum so I don´t know if this is the right place for this question but lets try :)

I have harman kardon 142 and have been using him for 4-5 years. Works fine and all good untill now.

I just bought BenQ TH681+FD and with it ChromeCast. I have 10m HDMI cable from the BenQ to the AVR and I have set the ChromeCast to the HDMI1 slot in the AVR.

But the problem I´m dealing with is that the AVR can´t take the audio from the ChromeCast (connected with HDMI cable, and this AVR can´t take audio through hdmi. Only Coax or optical)so I can´t get any sound from it. There is no Coax or jac output on ChromeCast so I don´t know how to get this working together.

Any ideas?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
You need some kind of audio splitter from the HDMI output of the Chromecast. I would look at something like this unit that I found doing a quick search of my go to retailer. There are several like this I just happend to pick on that looked good. I'm not sure what's available in your area but at least it gives you a place to start.

FYI I might also consider an AVR upgrade as everything seems to be going the way of HDMI and with limited optical inputs how many more of these converters can you use before you're out of inputs. Just a though I had. Pay more now but you're going to get more and better features not to mention flexibility with a new AVR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks