What's new

Christmas Vacation in HD! (1 Viewer)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
From The Man Room

Sounds like it's coming to both formats, and I couldn't be more excited about this. This is a real nice surpise from WHV, just a real nice surprise. :D

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

:laugh:

Yes, A Christmas Story would be nice, too. I'm actually surprised that Christmas Vacation got a release before it did, to be honest. I guess the two are about the same popularity-wise, though.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looking forward to this. A really fun movie and a great Christmas time tradition.

And yes, I hope A Christmas Story is also out by the end of the year. It's my favorite Christmas movie and just a joy to watch.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I thought I read somewhere that A Christmas Story was on Warner's list of upcoming HD releases.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I like this and the first one, but dont care for the second one.Im getting this.

"This is a real nice surpise from WHV, just a real nice surprise."

And Im thankful just like when DVD came out they jumped right in there and supported the format. Hopefully theyll dip into the New Line releases soon.

:emoji_thumbsup:to WB

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Me too. The original Vacation and Xmas are the only ones for me. :) Yes, New Line's entries are eagerly anticipated!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more suprised than I am now!

Thanks Warner!!!!

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
"Look kids, a deer!"

It just occured to me that this is one of the most quotable movies of all time. And it's going to be in Hi-Def. :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
It's greatness for sure Brett. Both Vacation films are GEMS in terms of quotes. The other one that was the MOST used for me in college was Fletch. And guess what, Universal is that film's studio so a HD-DVD should be soon.

:D

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm bumping this up just to see if anyone's heard anything about a release date for this. It seems like we should have heard something by now.

Amazon has this (and A Christmas Story) listed, but not yet for sale. Anyone heard anything? Hope it hasn't been delayed indefinately.

James St

Supporting Actor
I haven't heard anything but obviously it should be out before 12/25. :)

"Shitter's full!!!"

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

That's what I'm thinking too, but that also makes me wonder why we haven't heard anything yet. You'd think it'd be coming out within the next couple of weeks to capitalize on the holiday season.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Maybe after the Batman mess theyre going to make sure they have enough produced to meet orders. People got pretty pissy about that situation. But with the great job WB is doing, you just gotta let some shit slide you know.

We've been getting some release dates only 3 or 4 weeks in advance, like with Excalibur - so I wouldnt worry, well get a date next month.

Its been awhile since Ive seen this - looking foward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks