What's new

Chiro C-300 for sale (1 Viewer)

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
After marantz replaced my reciver I decided that i don't need the amp. ATTN marantz x200, x300 reciver users, this amp will make your speakers 'pop' because the amp does not have a relay or muting circuit in it's design. I think it is related to the Marantz digital cutoff problems. I assume that the problem only occurs with marantz recivers, but I could be wrong. I purchased this used from a dealer who told me the chiro was tested and worked fine, But if it does cause pops i'll take it back but you have to pay all shipping costs.
The amp is in average condition, Ther are some scrathes on the top-faceplate If you want a pic I can email you one. Other than the problems associated with the marantz it works fine. I have the original box/man, since the company went under there is no warrenty. I bought it from the dealer about 4 months ago and used it for only 3 months since the last month my marantz was being fixed and I could not hook it up to my older reciver. I asking 400 shipped, BTW it is around 50lbs. contact me at [email protected].

I should be more clear on what the pop is. It's normal for a lot of amps to give a thump/pop during turn on/off if you turn the amp on/off in the wrong order. But with the marantz it seems to do this when the marantz is detecting a new signal. so whenever you change tracks or anything else the signal has to be detected again and this for marantz users cause a pop.

edit-
I should also state the specs
chiro c-300 amplifier
140x3 into 8ohm THX amp at 0.02 distortion

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
-edit
I would also consider trades
I'm looking for a combo SACD/DVDA player-especialy the pioneer 45a, Or a used LCD/DLP projector in the under 1500 range. of course I'll add the extra for the Projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks