What's new

Cheap energy source discovered (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I would revive this thread to let you know that today is the deadline for submitting your proposals for the Edison Device. ;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Martin:
He said about 15 years ago, he saw a lightning bolt hit a transformer on the street and that the electric company came and replaced it so quickly that they were obviously warned about it.
A) You're assuming that every detail he gave is accurate. Why? Try looking up the weather reports for the "Bermuda Triangle" disappearances that supposedly happened on "clear, sunny days" and you'll discover that most of them happened in the middle of hurricanes or tropical storms. Changing "little details" like that makes for a better story. B) If there was lighting reported in the area (and lightning does strike in places with clear skies, bolts coming from stormy areas miles away) the power company would likely have crews on alert for transformer replacement - or the transformer concerned might have been located near a power company repair station by chance. The whole "something's fishy" element in the story is that there was a fast response - but your friend doesn't say how fast it was. (Five minutes, an hour?) He just leaps from what he deems an unusually fast response (does he normally keep a stop watch on the power company guys? How often does he see transformers getting hit by lightning? What is the source of his data for a comparison?) to the "obvious" conclusion that they were warned about a lightning strike "in advance".
If they were doing all these elaborate secret tests, why would they be dumb enough to make their response obvious? Why would they target a regular power transformer in residential area where there might be witnesses and where the strike would knock out the power - making the incident both memorable and noticable? Why not build a transformer and a small test-grid out on some secret government tract of land and do their test where there were no prying eyes?
Why do you believe a single thing the comes out of this guy's mouth? :)
Rollie:
LOL! I love it!
Regards,
Joe

CharlesD

Screenwriter
The drawback was that the engine was extemely hot and that it's the heat that would ignite the Oxygen without fuel.
You can't "ignite" oxygen. Burning is a chemical reaction between some fuel source and oxygen. Oxygen by itself is perfectly stable, it won't burn or explode or do anything at all unless there is something present that can combine with the oxygen molecules in such away to release energy as heat (aka "fuel"). This fuel-less engine thing is pure bunk because what it is claimed to do is impossible.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
We already have plenty of cheap renewable energy sources such as the wind and the sun. I was studying the possibility of living off the power grid on a permanent basis with the help of windmills and solar panels and was surprised at how much of this technology was already being used worldwide in all kinds of applications.

I'd rather adopt technology that actually works than the snake oil get-rich-quick schemes that crop up on a regular basis.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
the inventor of that system got paid a very large sum of money by an oil company to never release his technology.
Proof positive that the story is BS.

Why is it that every world changing energy technology is quickly silenced by the henchmen from an oil company?

EugeneR

Second Unit
I have also discovered a cheap, natural source of energy available to every person on earth. The details are proprietary, but the main components consist of a length of rubber hose, a family-size can of baked beans and a book of matches. I would like to solicit bids by oil and/or auto companies to bribe me so that I will keep this new technology off the market. Minimum bids start at one MILLION dollars!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks