What's new

Celebrity Apprentice: Poor Cyndi doesn't get much respect from her castmates... (1 Viewer)

stromssa

Auditioning
Real Name
Sara
Hi everyone,
I have been watching the new season of Celebrity Apprentice and, as I am also a Cyndi Lauper fan, I've been disappointed in how poorly she is being treated by her teammates so far.
Granted, she does ramble on a lot and she didn't exactly lead during her stint as project manager (though she did sing to the diners, which was nice). We all know really "artsy" types can be eccentric, but that doesn't mean you treat them like they are mentally deranged.
I think her co-stars should give her more credit; she has been in the music biz a long time, but I think people don't take her too seriously because of that cartoonish image of her that we all have from the 80s. She has matured artistically since that time, though, and her live performances (I've heard) are particularly riveting.
That said, here is a live performance of her singing the standard "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood." I think it applies to the perception others seem to have of her on "Apprentice." A soulful and powerful performance:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I gave up on the Apprentice long ago. Based on the snippets I'm hearing about this season, I wonder if I made a mistake?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Eh, it's not all that entertaining, but we do find out that Blagoyavich (misspelled, for sure) can't handle any of the 'new' technology, like texting or email, but he's a born politician in people skills, plus all the double-speak when he was on the hot seat last episode was nauseating.

Cyndi's not suited for this type of "competition" in hitting up rich friends for donations, or "project management" for setting up advertising widgets for sponsors on the show.

I'll be glad when they bring in "regular" people vying for a "real" job within the Trump organization next season (if I decide to check it out).

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I like Cyndi Lauper. yeah she is nuts and can ramble on about stuff that has nothing to do with a task, but she is creative and has a way with people (other than her team of course) that just draws them in. I love her. I think she seems like she would be a very fun person to be around.

Summer Sanders is not a great leader. She works well under a good project manager, but on her own as a lead, she lacks quite a bit. I think Sharon Osbourne would make a fantastic project manager. She has natural leadership abilities. The mens team is just ridiculous. I don't get them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks