Cassandra Crossing / Domino Principle (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

61FyYdfA-5L._SX300_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Cinematographer
    Supporter

Luis
    I have the Artisan DVD of Cassandra Crossing - Shout's new BD should easily blow it out of the water.

ahollis likes this.
  3. Sumnernor

Sumnernor Supporting Actor

Sumner Northcutt
    One of my first DVDs bought from Amazon-UK in 2001 was the Carlton "The Cassandra Crossing". It was R2 Wide screen but was a window 4.3 with english subtiles. I highly recommend the movie. The BR will be a vast improvement in all ways.

One minor detail was the train is going from Geneva toward Basel it passed thru Visp (near Brig ) which is near the Matternhorn part of Switzerland which is far away from the route Geneva-Basel- I have found the part. From the helicopter. you see the Matterhorn and then the train going thru the station Visp going towards Brig but Basil is sort of North of Geneva not south east.

4. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    1976 was the year for Associated General Film . Not only did we get CASSANDRA CROSSING but also VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED and THE EAGLE HAS LANDED. I truly enjoyed each of those films in their own particular unique way. Will be getting CASSANDRA CROSSING. Zit hanks Shout.

5. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    I just happened to see that THE CASSANDRA CROSSING was released on Blu-ray today. One of my favorites from long ago, I jumped at the chance back in 2001 to get this movie in disc format. Prior to that, all I'd had was a crappy VHS copy. The Artisan/Pioneer DVD was letterboxed 1.85:1 - just perfect for my old 32" SONY tube set of that era. Though the print was pretty bad, just the fact that I'd gotten a widescreen copy was a thrill.

Now the thought of a clean Blu-ray has me champing at the bit. There are no reviews posted yet, but I can't imagine it not being a big improvement.

Harry

6. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I kinda liked CASSANDRA CROSSING but absolutely despised DOMINO PRINCIPLE. It was one of the few films for which I could not come up with a single redeeming quality (except for Gene Hackman, but even he was only mediocre, having to deal with a total crap script), and so-o-o wished I had used the three bucks or so for something more pleasurable. I suspect Shout! knew they had a loser, and so paired it with a decent movie for a fair price.

7. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    Like ahollis, I just sort lump ALL those '75-'77 Associated General films into one big category of international-action movies with Gene Hackman, George Kennedy and Sophia Loren in them for foreign markets. (For some reason "March or Die" sprang to mind, too.)
    I was too young to see most of them anyway, so they fell into one big blur, and think Shout's treating them as the same bulk commodity. Like the 80's titles on their Scream Factory line, only now with the ITC deal.

ahollis likes this.
  8. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    I've never seen THE DOMINO PRINCIPLE, so it's just another disc that will probably sit unwatched maybe forever. This won't be the first two-fer that I bought for exclusively one movie.

Harry

9. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    My package arrived today with THE CASSANDRA CROSSING / THE DOMINO PRINCIPLE - and I hadn't realized that both movies were on the same disc - and that there are two discs, one Blu-ray and one DVD. When I saw the title, I just ordered it without delving into the details, so I thought the two discs were two Blu-rays, one for each movie. But this works out better, because we still have a lot of DVD players around.

And since my computer only does DVDs, I can upload a screen shot or three:

vlcsnap-2014-01-09-18h01m10s158.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-01-09-18h01m50s91.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-01-09-18h02m34s34.jpg

The Blu-ray looks even better than these, of course.

Harry

10. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
    Wait, is the image cropped, then? Cassandra Crossing is a 'scope film, but those caps look to be 16X9.

11. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    My old letterboxed Artisan DVD was 16:9 and so is the new Blu-ray and DVD. FWIW, IMDb lists it as a 1.85:1 film. (corrected)

Harry

12. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    The OAR for Cassandra Crossing is 1.85:1.

13. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
    I could have sworn this was 'scope, but I guess not.