What's new

Carnivale (Season 2)... (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
No. But still, Carnivale was just too good of a show (especially in the 2nd season) to just not watch all together. It's still worth watching at least once, proper ending or not.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I agree completely. Though I'm utterly disappointed that the show was cancelled before it's time, I'm happy to have been able to experience it for two compelling seasons.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm not sure how I feel about this. While it would be great to see them wrap it up, I'd be worried it would be a rush-job in 2-4 hours.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Why would Knauf not want to be involved?? Granted it's not a 13 episode season. But, 4 hours to resolve things is the least he and HBO can do for the fans.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
HBO should just license Carnivale out as a series of novels or comic books. The publisher would be the only company taking a chance. If the novels failed, it's meaningless to HBO. They aren't doing anything else with the property so the only thing they have to do is cash a check.

Phew! I'm glad Knauff thinks that too. If they tried to make a movie, it would just end up a disaster because they'd have to fit everything into essentially two episodes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If Knauf refuses HBO to bring the show back. HBO should make it up to the fans. By bringing Robert Kirkman's comic "Walking Dead" to tv. :D

For those not familiar with Walking Dead. Its a zombie story. But, it's about a group of people surviving a world filled with zombies. For the past 10 or so issues they have been hold up in a prison. Its a very good comic. They just released a hardbound book with the first 20 or so issues.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Well, I really hope we get some kind of wrap-up. I would love to buy the DVDs, but the unresolved loose-ends frustrate me. The ideal scenario (mentioned in the article) is that the mini-series/movie does really well and they bring back the series. Hopefully, with that possibility in the air, Daniel Knauf will become interested. (Please, Daniel? ;))

Todd, regarding The Walking Dead-- I love the comic, but did your proposal just come out of left field or is there actually talk of turning it into a series?

-Kelly

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Well, if they wrapped it up, then there wouldn't need to be a new TV series. So you'd probably get another 2-4 hours with another cliffhanger or at least a lot of loose ends.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Nothing concrete. Over at Image's board. Kirkman's other comic has been optioned as a movie. So the precedent is there. And their have been hints that WD has been discussed. But, with the type of ongoing story it is...plus the subject. Any tv show would have to be on HBO or Showtime.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the complete news was that HBO was planning on making a 4-hour miniseries and if that went over well, they could bring Carnivale back as a series.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It would be great for Carnivale to be brought back, but how would it work? As it is, it pretty much works - especially if you pretend the last five minutes didn't happen.

But a miniseries that wraps it up? Followed by a new series that follows on from the wrapped up story? I don't see that happening. And I do think the story would take more than 4 hours to complete.

HBO know the quality of the show, they know what the size of the fanbase is like. A mini-series is not likely to attract new viewers, nor will such a brief show satisfy the needs of the fans to find true resolution.

I would love to see Carnivale back on screen, and so would my flatmate. But just as a 4-hour miniseries, I would rather not see it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
A bit of a thread resurrection for fans of the series. More specifically for fans of the music in Carnivale.

I emailed Jeff Beal months ago (suring the Summer) asking whether the Carnivale Season 2 soundtrack would ever make it out to stores. I adored the first seasons music and Season 2 was even more memorable for me. Considering the shows untimely death, I thought all hope of ever seeing the music released for the second season was lost. Well, I woke up yesterday to an email from Jeff Beal himself. It's a mass emailed message to a list of fans that had requested the soundtrack. I was suprised to say the least. The good news is that Mr. Beal has heard the request from his fans. The even better news is that he has made the entire season 2 soundtrack available for download completely FREE on his website! How's that for caring about fans of your music? A big kudos to Jeff Beal for making this happen and I'd highly recommend grabbing the soundtrack over at his website. It's wonderful work. Listening to it is a great pleasure, but an utterly sad experience because I do so miss Carnivale so very much!

Download the soundtrack right here:

http://www.jeffbeal.com/Pages/FILMS%...Carnivale.html

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Damn I miss this show. :frowning: Then again, I guess Tourgasm worked out for HBO well. (sarcasm intended)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks