What's new
World Wide Stereo

Can anyone recommend a good SCART RGB transcoder? (1 Viewer)

David Payne

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. I'm looking for a transcoder to turn Scart RGB into either RGsB, RsGsBs or YUV (it doesn't matter which). All the transcoders I've seen on the net are multi-purpose transcoders that will convert between a variety of sources, and consequently their prices are more than I'd be willing to pay. I'm looking for something to tide me over until the day I upgrade my DVD player. Anyone know of anythong that will do the job?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
If you get a diagramme of the pinout, I think you may be able just to take the appropriate wires and hook them to whatever input you're trying to use. I think it's already sent as RGsB [I thought I had a pinout around here with description of the signals, but am not finding it], so if you can get a female connector you can just wire the appropriate pins onto whatever cables you want to use for a hookup. What are you trying to do, anyway? Most video projectors I know of take RGB-HV, either by 5 BNCs or by VGA. You might be able to get a SCART-VGA adaptor plug?

David Payne

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think it's that simple, as scart RGB uses the composite video line for sync, so I do need a transcoder. A scart to VGA might work, and I know there are transcoders out there that will do the job, but as I said, I can't find any designed specifically for one job, and the multi-purpose ones cost more than I'm willing to pay for such a thing.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
If sync is on composite, all you need is one diode to clamp the "high" on the composite line [black] to the "low" on the green line [also black]. I can't think there's not a simple convertor plug?

David Payne

Stunt Coordinator
This is what's driving me nuts. It is a simple thing, and you'd think there would be a simple converter for this purpose. Especially since SCART RGB is so common here. But there doesn't seem to be anything out there! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks