What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

bypass promos, direct to menu with Disney BRs? (1 Viewer)

CarlTond

Auditioning
When Disney jumped into the DVD frey years ago, they started an annoying practice of having the DVD immediately start playing promos and other worthless stuff as soon as the disk loaded. Everyone complained and they gave you the option of using the menu button to get to the disk menu.

So I loaded my first BR disk last night -- PoTC-Black Pearl and I had to wade through 7 trailers to get to the menu. Hitting the "top menu" button on my Sony BRD-S500 did nothing "Option not supported."

So is there any way to get past all the crap and just get to the disk menu???? I'm not sure if other studios do the same thing or not but it sure is annoying. If I want to watch trailers, I'll find them on the menu.

Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

sptrout

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Pushing the skip button is the only way I have found to bypass all that stuff, but you have to do for each promo that you want to bypass.

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
As far as I know, this is no longer the case with Disney BDs. Both Cars and Ratatouille allow you to skip right to the main menu (by pushing the "top menu" button) after they finish loading the BD-J material.

Yes, it's annoying on both Pirates releases. We'll see if PotC:AWE continues the recent positive trend. IMO, Disney is one of the few BDA studios bringing their A-game to the format (excellent transfers, uncompressed PCM soundtracks, special features, etc.). They may not always hit it out of the park, but they've been doing a great job as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks