What's new

3D Buying 3-D Glasses? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
No, not the new lcd shutter glasses but the funky ones with colored lenses. I've got 2 blu's that have 3-D versions using that technology, Coraline and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I've watched Journey in 3-D and I was pleasantly surprised how good it looked. I'm making no claims it was as good as in the theater (it wasn't), but for me, it was worth watching this way.

When I looked on Amazon I found I could buy better versions of these glasses, some were clip-ons, which would be more comfortable for me since i wear glasses. Than I discover not all glasses have the same color, The ones for my two movies are magenta and green. However I see red and cyan (blue-green) also. In fact there are some glasses out there labeled Polar Express 3-D and they are the red and cyan.

Jeez, can't these guys come up with a standard and stick to it? I know, silly question. I'll look around to find a set of clipons for both types, since I will probably at some point have a movie needing the red and cyan.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I've ordered 3D anaglyph glasses from this site before with good results. They have virtually every style/color combination available from cheapo paper ones to nicer plastic frames.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

Jeez, can't these guys come up with a standard and stick to it?
The "better" color combinations are probably patented. It's also possible that some colors may work better for different material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks