Bunheads

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jun 11, 2012.

1. AlexF

AlexF Supporting Actor

Alex
    I finally finished the 10-episode series last week, and thought that it was quite good and fun. Apparently, there're another 8 episodes coming at the start of 2013. Hopefully those do well and the series continues.
    It did leave things on a bit of a cliffhanger, but the references to Dead Poets Society throughout the last episode were a lot of fun.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I really like having this on after "Switched at Birth". That show is so emotionally intense at times that it's nice to a have a follow-up that's mostly just nice and pleasant.

3. Adam Lenhardt

With the last couple episodes, this show's felt like it's found itself. I really enjoy how the emotional episodes end with an otherwise unrelated dance sequence capturing that emotion.

4. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    Wow -- after spending most of the season in a background dancer role, Kent Boyd (SYTYCD runner-up a couple of seasons ago) was given a season's worth of dialog in the cold open and the last scene. He even had a scene in the middle of the episode. Alas, he is not a very good actor. Jeanine Mason (season 5 winner) is a much more capable and credible actor. Sutton Foster's brother was played by... Sutton Foster's brother. I wonder how long before that was in the works.

5. AlexF

AlexF Supporting Actor

Alex
    It's been a really busy month for me, so I ended up watching the first four episodes from this current airing on Friday night, back to back. That move with Jordan (with all the dialogue suddenly) is a trademark move of ASP -- she did that kind of thing a ton on Gilmore Girls. It's a good way to flesh out the town. I do quite like this show, it's fun, it's generally pretty light, and even the emotionally deep moments aren't really dark and depressing to watch.

6. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
  7. Adam Lenhardt

A bummer, but not a huge surprise. I felt like the show really found its voice toward the end.

8. Adam Lenhardt

Bunheads says goodbye with one last dance number:Really great to see ASP and the cast come together and do this. Wish Sutton Foster had been available.