What's new

Buffy Season 6...May 2004? (1 Viewer)

Jer Hugh

Auditioning
OMWF looks horrible! I compared it to some screen caps from other caps from the R2 versions and The R1 OMWF has this slight weird, not so black, frame on the top and the image looks too soft and not as clear as the R2 ones.

Watch FOX spoil the season seavon set by
as soon as you open the box set you'll see Caleb squish Xander's eye! hehe, I bet!

and on the opposite side of the digipack they'll put
Anya with a knife through her back

ugh :angry: so many mistakes so little time.

hey FOX those spoiler's up there where meant to be sad attempts at jokes so please don't DO THAT!

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
So, who can recommend a good progressive scan player that's multi-region and converts PAL to NTSC properly? No offense to Joss, but I was waiting to see how Fox USA would handle OMWF, and they've convinced me to go region 2 for this season.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I've been looking at the AMW ABT S99 player at Circuit City for $40.00. It's not progressive scan and it doesn't even have s-video, but it does the PAL to NTSC conversion via a menu code. Doesn't really fit the bill for us 16:9 owners, but then it is only $40. I bought one for my dad and found out later about the conversion feature.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
They used an image from the final 5 minutes of the SERIES on an AD for season 7... that spoils things for ANYONE who didn't watch the show when it originally aired. It's not being picky. It's ridiculous that they did it at all.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
So, who can recommend a good progressive scan player that's multi-region and converts PAL to NTSC properly?
I have the progressive scan Toshiba SD-4900, which can be hacked to all region either by keying a sequence using the remote each time or (even better) by downloading and burning a small file onto CD-ROM. Picture quality & PAL conversion are excellent, and the player can be found for about $70.

There's a thread over at DVD Talk in the International Forum describing the region hack, as well as several others (including enabling playback of SVCD and a new one allowing for "pure" PAL output).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I noticed in the Spanish dub of Buffy, besides the usual problem of the Spanish Buffy, some lines were left in English and just subtitled. At first I thought only the edited version was shown in Spanish markets and Fox was too cheap to dub the rest of the episode, but the entire "Rest in Peace" number is in English. Plus there are lots of places where only a few words are in English and it would be odd to cut them. Anyone know what the deal is?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The point is, it still tells you Xander is going to lose his eye at some point and that Spike and Anya won't make it to the end. Even if you don't know when these will happen, it's still a huge spoiler.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
thanks for using the spoiler tags , fellas.
i appreciate that.

i was on amazon today looking up S4 (my interest in the series sarted to flag in that season so i don't know if what i remember as being uninteresting was actually that or just something else)
anyways, even in the write-ups to that season, some nimrod put in spoilers about S6 - a bigger one than just the willow thing, which i would have guessed from the cover shot if i hadn't already known about it.

anyways- just finished the first disc and i have to say, Afterlife was one of the spookiest things i've seen in a looooong time.
it was 'reading Pet Semetary at 3 am for the first time' kind of spooky.
Buffy was never a 'scary' show- i always saw it as more superhero (with the super villians being in don post masks) moreso than a horror show, but that episode made parts of my skin crawl.
its obvious that the show was trying to venture into darker, deeper themematic areas here- just like Empire after the turbo bubblegum of Star Wars.
i don't know if i will be that high on it after disc 6, but i know that i have to respect creators that attempt to take their characters to new places and don't just rehash what they did before.

we had a bunch of fun genre shows in the 70s and 80s to enjoy, but this...this is genre material executed at such a high level of craft and care, that i am in continual awe of what they accomplished.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's very weird seeing a thread filled with nothing but spoiler tags and knowing that I must not succumb to temptation! :D

I also say thanks for using the spoiler tags.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, here goes:

You're not going to know that Giles isn't really the First, because 1) people only look at the advert once. and 2) by the time they get to the episode that hints at Giles being the first, they'll forget about it.

They won't know that shot is from the last of the series. Just because Anya and Spike aren't in a group shot, doesn't mean they're dead. It isn't like it's the first time, either. They could think that's a promo shot anyway, as all the past adverts have been. I really REALLY doubt someone is going to look at that, analyze it the way you are, and say, "Oh my God! Anya and Spike must be dead!"

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not only that, but if they look at it they might go "Where's Tara" considering they would obviously look at it at the beginning of the sixth season...

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Why does everyone assume that the entire cast should be on the season seven ad?

All that someone who is unspoiled will see is an ad with Buffy, Dawn, Giles, Willow, Xander in an eyepatch, and Faith.

They won't know where the picture is from, only someone who has actually seen the final episode will recognize the image.

If the ad had only shown Buffy, Willow, and Xander should someone assume that everyone else had died?

Another thing. The background of the ad is blue sky and clouds, so Spike couldn't very well be there anyway, could he?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks