What's new

"Bubble Boy" Protests: Kinda Funny. (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Why would they want to rip off of Seinfeld? His show sucked. (his stand up was better, but the show sucked)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I have to disagree Morgan I personally think Seinfeld is comedy at its finest. I admit, the last couple of seasons the stories started to get stretched thin but for 5 or 6 years I laughed my face off. Its been a while since I have seen the Bubble Boy episode. As for the movie, it looks incredibly stupid and I already know I will never be renting it. Roll-your-eyes humour just isn't for me.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I resurrected this thread because I rented Bubble Boy this week and I have to say, I laughed, out loud, through most of the movie. It always amazes me at how many people get offended on the behalf of others when the people they are "standing up" for are not the least bit offended. Look at Mitty's and Jonathan Gross' posts.

I keep seeing this movie referred to as "stupid" but it is quite the opposite. It is silly, but in the end it is also very intelligent. I mean, a Hindu ice cream vendor. That is funny! What happens with him had me howling! Folks seem to have lost all ability to tell the difference between satire and ridicule. This is some incredible satire.

After years of Adam Sandler, Tom Green, Rob Schneider, American Pie and such, Bubble

Boy
is finally genuine, intelligent, silly satire. I suggest anyone who can check their false sense of decency at the door check it out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I remember when Emperor's New Groove played at the local cineplex and a bunch of people where protesting the use of an asshole as the center of the comedy. They were chanting things about assholes being people too, etc. They said one could not choose whether or not a person is an asshole and to make them the center of jokes was insulting to all people afflicted with the condition. It was crazy, but alas, this is the current state of America. Someone's gonna get insulted.
What assholes;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks