What's new

bought my first HT sub =) (1 Viewer)

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Welp, got home today and found out my Tax return check has gone through. Immediatly went and ordered the SVS 25-31pc from b-stock for $468 shipped.
It'll be hooked up with the following components:
Klipsch Quintets
Klipsch KSC-C1
Pioneer D-509s
Nothin' top of the line, but not bad for a 16 y/o :D And I'm proud to say mommy and daddy hasn't bought me any of it (not like they should either :)) Can't wait to hear this bad-boy. Heard a lot about it and have been without a bass forever. The best bass I've heard so far was on the ProMedias, which probably isn't sayin' much to you guys :)
Hmm, now to think what song I should play first.... ....maybe sweet emotion, that has a nice bass tune in the begging and is fitting as well :D Oh well, I'm just rambling on now, getting excited!!!
How long do you think it'll take from here? (just ordered it today: 03-13)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
fugazi's waiting room has a sweet bassline, but its probably not something thats going to make use of the range of the SVS. as a college student whose paid for all his equipment i know how you feel (feels good doesnt?). i hope i can afford an svs this summer or next year

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Oh Nate. You are really, really going to annoy your parents with that sub. (But thats part of the fun :))
Those little Quintet speakers, and that water-heater sub - take a picture when they see it please. Then another when they hear it.

james e m

Second Unit
I second the nod to Waiting Room, great song, great band. I'm just excited that someone mentioned a band I actually enjoy on this forum!:emoji_thumbsup: And good for you Nate, enjoy your sub!
james

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
I'll need to borrow my friends digi-cam and try to do that :D Atleast take a picture of my setup to show to ya'll :) If the sub is as good as people say it is, then my parents are going to hate me, hah.
But they never really complained before with any of my past subs (the small subs included in my PC audio systesm) and being in the room downstairs, in the corner of the house direcly oposite of the room they spend the most time in, it shouldn't be *too* much of a problem.
I have a question. I was looking through my recievers manual setting it up so that when I get the sub, all I gotta do is plug it in and configure it. Now, I want all the sats to be set to "small" don't I? And how about the x-over? I read the SVS manual and it said:
"If you use your DTS/DD recievers internal crossover (highly recommended) then the setting on the sub is irrelivent."
Is this one of those things that is just preference? My reciever only gives me the option of 100Hz, 150Hz, and 200Hz, where as the SVS has a variable 40-120Hz.
Just curious :) I'll probably figure it out once it arrives, but I thought I'd ask eitherway...
[edit]
a song my friend always used as a bass test was Bela Fleck - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, anybody have hear this song before? He played it to me on his Klipsch ProMedia system and it sure did beat his bass pretty hard, though it seemed like it wanted to go lower, only it couldn't. Maybe mine will pick up the slack? :)

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i think you are supposed to set the xover a bit higher than the lowest frequency that your main speakers can produce. you'll have to check on those quintets.

james: i got to see fugazi last spring on campus. good show, if only i had been able to get close enough to see...

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Given the specs straight from klipsch:
Quintet Sats - 100Hz-20kHz±3dB
KSC-C1 Center - 70Hz-20kHz.
Guessing I should just leave it default for now (default being 100Hz). Thanks for all the replies guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks