What's new

Borderlands Series discussion (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ It's "mandatory" for anybody playing a commando in UVHM. IDK about for other character types, but it has numerous things to bolster the commando because they get pretty UP (the opposite of OP...) somewhere in the Level-60s. Let's say the commando is only "superior" at two things, explosives and shields, and TT's DLC is IMO a nod to that, with lots of good helping gear (gotta work for most of it though). For UVHM anyway. The Torgue DLC is good for him too, in general, but TT gives you stuff it's harder to live without (i.e. Magic Missiles). Also the much-glorified Grog Nozzle, which is essentially useless for a commando though.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think it is only a 6 month exclusive. But either way, I am not buying it until it is on Steam. I don't need yet another program to install. And yet another account to create and manage, and yet another company to give my Credit Card info to. I want it all in one place and I already have that with Steam.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
They have specifically said it will come to other services in April 2020, even if it's only supposed to be a 6 month exclusive deal. This is a mistake. Kiddies are review blasting the prior BL games on Steam now.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
No idea wtf you are saying @CraigF you need to break out the acronyms
Sorry, I just assumed you were an old hand...

UVHM = Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. This is where you're (usually) > level 50, and difficulty ramps up "exponentially", enemies are almost always at higher levels than you. You get more severely punished for not using the right type of weapon on an enemy. This mode becomes challenging for a character who can only wield a single weapon at a time, such as a commando (whose turret can help, but is often useless). Unless you state otherwise, people in forums etc. will assume you're playing in UVHM...it's a bit of a slog to get there.
TT=Tiny Tina (she's not really in her DLC much).
DLC, IMO...

Last edited:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sigh, :(
Since there is yet another Epic exclusive game I want beside this one, I guess I am stuck giving in and installing the Epic store. I guess this means I can at least play BL3 sooner than 1 year late.

I feel like a victim letting Epic win. I am also angry at the Devs for whoring themselves out for a bit of money,

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Impressive what a few black lines can do:
8t4gpi6533j31.jpg

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is this a "Destiny" style game or does it have a single player campaign mode?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks. It has been quite a while since I played Destiny 1 and 2. I forgot they had a single player mode as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks