What's new

Bob Hope 100th Birthday Tribute Collection? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was reading this story online about how they rededicated one of his stars in Hollywood. It mentioned the rededication coincided with the release by Universal Studios of the 12 dvd collection mentioned in the subject line.

I've done a couple of price searches and it doesn't show up any where. Anyone know about the availability of this set and its probable price range?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Entertainment Tonight reported this roughly the same way last night, and I was shaking my head and thinking that I had covered all this ground before.

Read up and down that thread I just linked you to, and you'll see that there is nothing "new" about these DVDs. They are re-promotions of the existing 13 releases, one of the releases being a box set encompassing 4 of the other releases.

That 4-disc "Road Show" box set is the item they are most pushing for this marketing campaign. But there are no new Bob Hope releases for his birthday.

Anyway, buying the existing releases gets you 17 of his films. Not bad, esp. at the new lower prices.

If you're a HUGE Bob Hope fan, there is also this item...but as you can tell from my review, it has its problems.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I did a search on Bob Hope and didn't find this thread, guess I didn't try hard enough.

It sure seems like Universal is sowing the seeds for a lot of confusion. They're clearly stating there is one collection, but there isn't.

go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks