What's new

BLOCKBUSTER worst experience of my life (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member

I am always looking for places that rent operas on dvd.
Netflix doesn't ahve all that much.

I looked at Blockbuster online.
Theyhad a browse sectioin for operas. There were about eight selections I have never been able to see and they had a free trial offer.

The troubles began. I went for the unlimited three a month for 16.99. It mistakenly went through at only two for the same price.

I started to build up my cue.

I had about twenty titles.

I put first those eight titles I wanted the most.

They all said they were unavailable. Is that blockbuster talk menaing they are signed out?

I called them this morning (in the phillipines !!). They said they do not have those titles at all. The titles that got me interested do not exitst with them. They promised they would get my first three titles out today. They only got two. I Called and asked what happened to the third. They said it takes one to two days to go through my cue to see which of them is available !!

I have never heard so much crap in my likfe. These people make mistakes, offer titles they do not have and lie as much as possible. Is this kind of thing legal?
AVAOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
One of the tricks to Blockbuster is to never have unavailable titles at the top of your cue. They'll hold your other titles to wait for it. They turn around faster if you just have "now available" titles at the top.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member

I figured that. I took all of the unavailable titles OUT of the cue and I still did not get my third disc shipped.

Another bad thing.
Multi discs do NOT count as one title as they do on netflix. For example, Gone With the Wind is too long for one disc so it goes on two.. Netflix would count that as one title, blcockbuster counts it as two !!!!!

these people really suck.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I've avoided Blockbuster like the plague for more than 10 years. I hate to say it, but I was actually happy when I saw the bankruptcy announcement.....and I'm far from the only one. Read the article on any news outlet and you'll largely see people bashing them in the comments section. How bad does a company have to be, when people actually cheer on their demise??

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
They aren't necessarily going out of business. I heard that there are changes in the way Blockbuster is going to be handling movie rentals. Instead of stores, you'll rent online. They mail the movie out to you and you mail it back. No subscription like Netflix.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I started with Blockbuster online. I had unlimited per month, 3 out at a time, and unlimited in-store exchanges. I would order what I couldn't get in the store, such as concerts, tv series, harder to find movies, etc. Then, on Tuesday morning, I'd take in the ones I had ordered, and exchange them for the new releases. This worked good for a little while.

Then, in a month's time, they raised my prices, twice. I wasn't happy, but I didn't say anything. About 3-4 weeks later, they cancelled my membership, and sent me an email saying that if I wanted to keep getting the unlimited in-store exchanges, I had to buy the next higher priced package! I told them to kiss where the sun doesn't shine, only worded a little different..........a little stronger! I reminded them that I had lived up to my side of the deal, but they kept changing their side of the deal. I told them to go to hell, and keep my membership cancelled. I then joined Netflix, and have been with them ever since. Once in awhile, I'll rent from Redbox. They have been good so far. I rented one blu ray from blockbuster store, in the past year or so.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That is how Netflix got it's start......

Originally Posted by bigshot

They aren't necessarily going out of business. I heard that there are changes in the way Blockbuster is going to be handling movie rentals. Instead of stores, you'll rent online. They mail the movie out to you and you mail it back. No subscription like Netflix.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by bigshot

I heard that there are changes in the way Blockbuster is going to be handling movie rentals. Instead of stores, you'll rent online. They mail the movie out to you and you mail it back. No subscription like Netflix.

When's that happening? Hasn't happened so far yet.

Changes I do notice now:

1. Blockbuster has apparently re-promoted their TotalAccess service as their "By Mail" service even though it still includes the 5 in-store exchanges, etc. Meanwhile, they seem to have kept/hidden the old, actual mail-only option in their plan change page -- I guess they still want to give you that cheaper option if you would otherwise cancel or suspend your subscription.

2. NF seems to be steering further and further away from disc rental. If you go to their home page as a potential new customer, they only promote streaming plus the option of 1-out-at-a-time disc rental. There's no mention of higher options (other than adding another $2/month for BDs). I imagine they probably still offer the higher options once you start subscribing and want to change plans (or cancel), but they are not mentioned at all before sign-up.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks