What's new

Black Snake Moan (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That's just it, I was expecting something that precisely was exploitative or cliched. After Snakes on a Plane I was ready for anything from Jackson.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I haven't seen it yet, and probably won't until it is on DVD, but I just want to add that Ricci definitely has quietly become one of the most impressive young actresses working in film. She was outstanding and sorely misunderstood in Prozac Nation and while everyone was gushing over Charlize Theron in Monster, I kept thinking Ricci was far better in her more challenging and nuanced role.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Really enjoyed this too. When Ricci starts to sing in the movie, a deep dread overcame me. The filmmakers had already foreshadowed (somewhat obviously) that something bad could happen. At that point, I realized I really cared for these two characters.

With only these past two movies, Brewer has already emerged as a distinct voice.

The Jackson character reminded me of his Pulp Fiction hitman. If that guy grew up as a farmer in a rural setting, this could have been what he would look like. Jackson himself was a powerhouse. Everyone knows he has an amazing presence, but maybe because he often has explosive speeches and language, people don't fully recognize his range. His body language is completely distinct from his character in Changing Lanes, Unbreakable, Jackie Brown, Red Violin and so on. I was also impressed with Ricci too. Her huge eyes were put to good use, suggesting her crazed pathology.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
wow..this just kind of came...and went.

I remember the overhyped trailers they were showing, but the movie hasn't done squat at the theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks