What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Bitchin', new rock SA-CD alert, get The Thorns (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Just wanted to resurrect this thread to say that after listening to this album for a few months, it is not leaving my SA-CD changer any more...it is a classic! I love love love it now & a few people who have heard me play it bought it & love it now too.

I'm also thinking of checking out some of Pete Droge's stuff, but don't know just where to start.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'm not tired of it either Dan. I have an MD with them and Nickel Creek and Colleen Sexton and Seatrain and a few others on it that I listen to jogging and now when I ride my lawn mower, spring has sprung. I get the sack-dee out stille too. The way it's going you have to wonder if when they get a new album, will it even get sack-delicous treatment?:)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I also noticed that there is now a new version of the album with bonus live acoustic performance. From The Thorns website:
On see-dy only I guess. ;)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Dan, I've seen that CD in local stores and it irks me that we, me, you, joe sexpack, and whoever,...well, let's put it this way, I figur I bought the high time-capacity SACD format and proably paid 3 to $5 more for the album than average and if anybody deserved some bonus acoustic cuts, it was me! So, I refuse to have to buy the album twice. ...not to mention it's a dreaded Cee-Dee!;)

If the group stays together I very well might buy their possible future albums though? I like their retro genere. It's one that's been touched less, seemingly, to me... Best wishes!:)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Have had this in heavy rotation on my SACD player and I concur, it's a very worthwhile disc to have. I'm a huge Matthew Sweet fan, so this was among the first SACDs I bought. Haven't heard the m/c mix yet (full system not up and running til next week). I'd say the America comment above is fair, though there are some CSN-like harmonies in there. Hope there's more to come.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I aggree Paul. I should of thought of America too. One song sounds more like Seals & Croft than the actual Seals & Croft...to me. I'm stille not tired of it either. My brother liked it when I played it for him a few weeks ago. He bought a copy of the SA-CD version on my advice. He's planning to get a uni-player.

The album is so 1976-ish...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks