What's new

Biggest TV with width of 43 ¼"? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A light fixture catastophically failed and the electrical noise killed my bedroom TV. It was an LG 49" LCD from 2020 and fit exactly in my bedroom hutch. The hutch is 43.25" wide. That 49" fits precisely. Unfortunately it LG seems to have killed the 49" class and gone to 50", which are 44" wide.

I'm hoping someone happens to know of a 48" to 50" TV that will >squeeze< a 43 ¼" width! I want 4K, price range $500, but will consider spending more to avoid downgrading to 40"-class.

Thanks for any ideas!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
After some searching I had some good fortune (relative to having had a TV just die and have to spend a bunch of money for an unplanned new TV, natch) and the 2022 LG A2 is on sale for $600, delivery this week. It's 48", so only an inch smaller, but a huge image quality upgrade.

I did a quick check of TCL, Vizio, Sony, Samsung, and the rest of LG's options, and also checked Amazon. There's almost nothing out there in the 49" range, and what there is are $1000+ LG OLEDs, many out of stock.

A quick consult with @Sam Posten and he approves. So, bought.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
After some searching I had some good fortune (relative to having had a TV just die and have to spend a bunch of money for an unplanned new TV, natch) and the 2022 LG A2 is on sale for $600, delivery this week. It's 48", so only an inch smaller, but a huge image quality upgrade.

I did a quick check of TCL, Vizio, Sony, Samsung, and the rest of LG's options, and also checked Amazon. There's almost nothing out there in the 49" range, and what there is are $1000+ LG OLEDs, many out of stock.

A quick consult with @Sam Posten and he approves. So, bought.
That's the only one I found, and at about 60% off, you better jump on it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The c2 is slightly brighter and has better dynamic range for hdr plus a higher refresh rate. I’d rather have the $250 than those features in a bedroom tv. In a living room c2 all the way tho

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The c2 is slightly brighter and has better dynamic range for hdr plus a higher refresh rate. I’d rather have the $250 than those features in a bedroom tv. In a living room c2 all the way tho
Except the 42" is $250 more. The 48" C2 is $999.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I was willing to spend the $1000 to get a 48" TV for my hutch, rather than downgrade from 49" to 43". So I was thrilled to find a 48" OLED on clearance for $600. I just needed to check the A2 series wasn't somehow actually terrible image quality from cost-cutting.

I ordered it this afternoon and should be here Thursday.

So I'm bummed my 49" LG LCD died early. It was a fine bedroom TV and the absolute biggest that would fit our furniture. But life happens, and I'm thrilled to get a replacement for only $100 more than I spend 3 ½ years ago.

Now, this has to not fail because in three years from now, because I fear there will be no more 48" or 49" TVs. I guess I better invest in a new, higher quality surge protector. Because whatever I've got currently protected the TiVo mini and wifi beacon, but was insufficient for the TV.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Weird. LG has no info on this TV, the OLED48A2PUA. It has the OLED48A1PUA and the OLED48C2PUA. But it's internal search gives nothing on the set. Via web search, I can find a link to a manual download for the OLED48A2PUA.AUS. But there's no product info site.

I registered the TV via the TV setup process. The registration has not shown up on my LG account. Which I wonder if that's because this TV doesn't seem to exist for LG???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks