What's new

Bethesda's next Fallout decloaks (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Same here, this game is much to my taste, probably why everybody recommended it (and 4) to me, should have played them a long time ago...

I had a couple of freezes when the save files would have been still quite small, ~3MB. But the PS3 recovered when I pushed the PS button and waited about a minute. This didn't work the third time, save file size ~3.3MB, restarted PS3. I'm still at the point where I'm trying to figure out what weapons work on what, so I save fairly often and don't lose much anyway, it just upsets the flow.

I back up the save files, so I can restore them if I ever need to (never will, but I pretend I might...). This doesn't screw up the number system FO3 uses, like it does with some games. (e.g. in those, if you delete save file #1-3, the game makes your next new save #1 again: dumb)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Back playing after off for a few months. Lots of new DLC and moved from a 680 to a 980TI. All of my stuttering is gone and it looks gorgeous, and I say that as someone who was initially disappointed in how it looked in the launch vids.

Playing as sneak and melee the game is almost too easy. I one hit kill everything and the slow mo animations are so rampant as to be annoying. I've been using the steam hammer for 10+ levels and I have no expectation of replacing it. Any recommendations on melee weaps to look for?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Any equivalent to the Shishkebab in 4? If so, you may want to try that, and if there's a "fire" perk too, that makes it devastating. I play 3 as a sneak with either that or a shotgun (the shotguns are IMO "over-powered" in 3 with the right perks), but I like how stuff burns for a long time with the shish or explodes with a critical = easily amused...

[Yeah, I'm still on 3, hardly even touched the main quest yet, I'm easily distracted walking around the wasteland, then have New Vegas to do before 4; I know none of them are "related" like the Mass Effects.]

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I've played this through once on my PC. Then I modded the hell out of the game so that it should be titled "Russ Meyer presents Fallout 4". Who needs armor when you got bouncing, bodacious ta-tas to protect you ;) ? In playing a second time, I missed quite a few things, which was surprising to me, since I spent a lot of time playing the first time. A lot of replay value for me. Still enjoying it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Nuka World complete.
Had to be the bad guy to get the Quantum armor and kickass melee skills. Worth it to piss Preston Harvey off. =)

Got a knife with the same damage as Throat Slicer at the end. But the proc is that it does double damage to full health enemies. YEAH! That's way better than 25 bleeding.

Next step: Brought all power armor and goodies to Sanctuary.

FO4 Power Armor
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Tomorrow? We burn ALL of the raider camps, villages and leaders to the ground. Muahahahah! =)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Follow up, if you have wondered whether what I wanted to do would work:
Yep, just fine. I quashed the Mason with Gage as my companion. Gage hated me as soon as Mason died. Killed em both and took their loot. Cleared out all 3 gang towns and the main area, now the Nuka residents love me and their doctor will treat me. I went back to commonlands and took back my 3 lost areas, now they register as mine and not as raider owned. The minutemen themselves still dig me but I have not run into Preston Garvey. So that's a win/win =p

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Getting real tired of Sony's shit:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...y-wont-allow-fallout-4-or-skyrim-mods-on-ps4/

Fuck Sony. Just...fuck 'em sideways with a rusty, jagged measuring-cup.

What's asinine here is that there's already a curation-process in place via the actual community by rating and commenting on mods. Making a company (like Bethesda) QA the mods themselves -- which would involve both checking the 4,600 current mods, plus how the mods interact with other mods -- is so goddamn absurd it defies imagination.

Last edited:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I guess the modding community isn't hardcore enough for the PS4 since the PS4 was marketed towards the hardcore gaming community...

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Actually, according to that Forbes article, it's more that Sony apparently simply doesn't want to have to deal with policing and curating all of that user-created content, of which there are literally thousands now. Sony essentially got cold feet at the eleventh hour.

The corporate argument that Sony is suddenly so concerned about QA is pretty laughable. Especially after the many crashes I've experienced playing No Man's Sky. Granted, Bethesda certainly doesn't have a great track-record with their games on Sony consoles. Particularly last-gen, of course. However, I'm not going to blame Bethesda on this one, since I find it very unlikely they would just announce mods coming to PS4 without having talked to Sony fairly extensively beforehand first.

Bethy sorta messed up in a sense by saying it was a total slamdunk done-deal ahead of time, but when they were able to do so with such apparent ease on XB1, you kind of have nowhere else to look but Sony for why this all broke down. They did a great job on XB1 for what is basically uncharted territory for mod-support on that scale, and so integrated into a game with as much freedom as they gave to mod-creators.

Overall, it works very well, and it is very easy to find and install mods on Xbox One. They would have easily done the same on PS4 if Sony hadn't held them back.

And, if the QA-thing was true AND Sony told Bethesda this early on, there's no *way* that the PS4 mods would've ever gone into beta like they did. So either it's not true, or else Sony notified Bethesda of this ass-backwards, unprecedented system after Bethesda had already contacted Sony and gotten the OK and started the Creation Kit beta for the PS4.

Either way one looks at it, the blame really isn't on Bethesda, here.

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Fallout_4_PS4_FU_zps9hvmpaqq.jpg

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Been playing Fallout 4 for a few weeks now. I am just getting to the point I have to chose who to side with. I really want to side with the Minutemen and the Railroad but the leader (Desdemona) keeps asking me to chose the Railroad or the Minutemen. I have selected the MM but she just says she is hopes I change my mind. Now she is stuck at the same choices when I talk to her. Chose a side. She won't even let me finish off a mission I finished that I am suposed to report to her (a safehouse mission). She just keeps asking me to chose. Anyone know if I chose the Railroad in the dialog if I will still be able to alied to the MM?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bought my PS4 around Black Friday sales. Came with Uncharted 4 and Destiny - The Collection. Finished Uncharted 4 - great game, and playing Fallout 4 now. I played all the previous Fallout's on the PS3 which were fun until the freezing happened.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Finally started Fallout 4. Having fun, I'm about Level 3 and just rescued the settlers in Concord while using the Power Armour. I have't talked to Garvey yet upon returning to Sanctuary. I have some questions if anyone can add some perspective.

1: Crafting has me miffed. I've collected all the junk I can find and have it stashed in the sanctuary workstations. I've walked around in scrap mode and scrapped nearly everything I can in Sanctuary and the Red Rocket Gas Station. I'm guessing when I talk to Garvey I'm going to have to start building stuff to keep the settlers safe. My concern (besides not knowing what I'm doing...) is that I'm too low level to really do this. I still find it a bitch to kill enemies. I'm hoping to build better guns and armour to help with that. I'm worried I'm going to talk to Garvey, have settlers and then be screwed trying to keep them safe.

2: I haven't purchased any of the DLC, should I? Do any of you think it would of helped to have more crafting options early in the game?

I'm going to concentrate on exploring for a bit as opposed to continuing the mission to Boston and try to level up some more. I want to get some of my hacking/lock picking and VATS perks up before venturing too much farther. If I can :S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks