What's new
World Wide Stereo

Best solution for a budget HTS ? (1 Viewer)

MariusV

Auditioning
Hi there,
I am new in this Home Theater Systems world and I would apreciate your advice/oppinion regarding the following story:
I would like to buy a Home Theater System for 600-650 Euro, and after days and nights of reading data sheets, I stopped to the following:
1. DVD Player (DVD V/A, SACD, Progressive scan,...)
- Budget: 200 Euro (sorry, I am an European guy)
My choice: Pioneer DV-575A (is this the European version of 578A?)
2. Receiver (6.1 ch, about 6x100W,DTS, Dolby Prologic IIx,..etc.)
- Budget: 300-350 Euro
My choices: Denon 1705( is it coming also a 1905?)
Yamaha RX-V450
Which one would be better?
2. A speaker set
- Budget 100-150 Euro
My choice: I would like Yamaha NS-P436 but it seems a little bit over the budget.
Could you suggest something else to match with the Receiver and the DVD?

Thank you,
Marius

728x90

Pauli

Grip

If you are willing to sacrifice PLIIx, Sony DB790 has got great reviews in european magazines, and might fit your budget, atleast if you live in germany.

Though the specs don't look that good, the real world performance is excellent; no problems driving lower impedance speakers, solid build quality and sufficent amount of features.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi MariusV,

I'd reconsider reallocation of funds as you are putting the least amount on what could be them most important factor... the speakers. The Yamaha NS-P436 speaker package is, imho, crap. The satelites in this package are weak and the sub (which I do own) can be a little disappointing during powerful movie scenes.

As for receivers, I'd recommend that you go up 1 level from any manufacturers entry level receiver. Both the Denon and Yamaha are great choices (I have a Yamaha RX-V540 but I did listen to Denon, Onkyo, H/K, Marantz and Pioneer). Also, again imho, the upper end Home Theater in a Box packages from Yamaha and Denon should be considered...

For DVD/SACD, not a bad choice but your budget is probably best cut here so that you can afford better reciever and speakers...

JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks