What's new

Best Setup Sony XBR450, Sony Dream system, Panasonic c72s, Motorolla 2000, Tivo (1 Viewer)

Atif.K

Auditioning
I have a Sony XBR$%) HDTV READY TV, Sony Dream System, Tivo, Motorola dct2000. What is the best way to wire this setup. I have the PAnasonic DVD player because the Sony Dream System is not Progressive scan. Should I hook op the panasonic receiver with an optical cable and the component of the panny to the TV directly? The Tivi is going through the Dig Receive then to the TV in.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Mohammad
Hi, I have the same TV, maybe I can help. The dct2000 is a cable box or sat reciever?
If it has component output, I would hook that also directly to the TV; that's the only way you can get HD from the TV

Should I hook op the panasonic receiver with an optical cable and the component of the panny to the TV directly?
Yes, that sounds the best.
Hope that helps, if not describe the dct2000 since I am not familiar
Grant

Atif.K

Auditioning
DCT 200 IS a digital cable box with s video or rca out only no optical out.

The more items you have the more difficult to set up.

The Panasonic Cp72 Progressive scan DVD player is amazing on this TV. By the way people are suggesting changing the Player default setting from PCM to Bitrate. What is this this?

Thanks

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Then straight in to the TV. You might want to split the RCAs and run them to the TV and to the receiver; that way you can listen with the TV sound if you dont want it loud
the Player default setting from PCM to Bitrate
Not sure sounds like a DVD menu item under set up. Check the manual for more info; I have sony DVD players and each manufactuer is a little different
Good luck
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks