What's new

Best Head Phones for DVD/Music/GAMING(xbox/gamecube/PC) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Best Head Phones for DVD/Music/GAMING(xbox/gamecube/PC)

I am looking for a pair of headphones that would be great for DVD viewing, music listening and playing game on gamecube,Xbox and PC. I am looking to spend between $70-100 but the lower the better. I have looked at Grado sr-60's and labtec 835's. Please give me some input.
My reciever is a Kenwood vr-507

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
ive seen profesional headphones you know like they use in recording studios but they tend to be expensive i have a pair from like the 80's lying around that i still use every now and then my grandfather said he payed around 80 for them but i have no idea who makes them maybe some oddball company but they still sound sweet

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The Grado SR-60 that you are looking at is a great pair of 'phones. Also, the Sennheiser '497' ($69.99 @ CompUSA) is also supposed to be a good pair.

I just received the Grado SR-60s for my Christmas gift. Initially, I was a bit disappointed in them. However, many sites suggest that you follow a break-in process where you play music through them at regular volume levels for anywhere between 48 and 100 hours. I connected mine up, set a CD to "repeat" and let 'em go for 3 days. Then end result? Impressive! Truly impressive!

Before I went though the break-in process, I was ready to pack them up and return them because they didn't sound anywhere near the SR-60s that I hear about a month back.

A proper break-in with any headphones is essential.

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
Grado Sr-60's or Sennheisers similarly priced models. Sennheiser makes a cordless that sound great for cordless in that price range also.

I love my Grado 325's, but they are a lot more money.

Grado's tend to like more power, so a headphone amp helps also.

Go to headphone.com (Headroom's site, they are THE expert in headphones)

Bill

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
IMO there are two choices, Grado SR60 and Sennheiser HD280 pro.

The 280pro headphones are sealed and have excellent sound dampening isolation and very revealing sound. They are large and comfortable full sized headphones. (My pick)

The grados will save you some money and are open air, but they sound excellent for the price.

I guess the Sennheiser HD-497 would also rival the Grado SR60 in sound and price.

RobSB

Agent
If you want open phones, go for the Grado SR60's.

If you want closed phones, go for the Sony MDR-V6's. Not V600s.

Check out headphone.com and post over at the first discussion board under Talking Stuff. Lots of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks