What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Best Dumb Movie Quote - 'Con Air' (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Even though the film is as cheesy as they come, its got some surprisingly good actors (which doesnt have any bearing on the quality of the performances in this case, which are dictated by the material), and John Malkovich has all of the juciest lines, including my all time favourite dumb action movie quote, from the man himself:
Santino: 'Have patience... they'll be here! (I dont know if thats totally right!)
The Virus: 'You know what happened to the last guy that told me to have patience: I burned him down and bagged his ashes!'
It makes me chuckle every time, because its just so stupid!
Foot note:
Dont you just want to kick Colm Meaney (that annoying FBI guy with the silver car) every time he speaks in this? (Its not him, its just his character)

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Another dumb movie quote is "Mr. Hammond, the phones are working" from JP.
------------------
htfsig3.jpg

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Wow! That's an extremely comprehensive list! There's some really funny stuff in there! I LOVE all of Garland Greene's quotes!

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
Put me down for:
"One thing's for sure. We're all gonna be a lot thinner."
Hans Solo in Star Wars.
Lucas can make Greedo fire first, but he can't edit out this inane line?

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
"Have you lost your mind?"

"According to my last psych evaluation, yes."

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Con Air is just a simple action movie. I would have considered it a fun popcorn flick if he didn't have that accent.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Caught some of The Rock on TV today....not much better, with Cage's "Glass or plastic" question, and his "Rocket Man" speech. What's really bad (or ironic I guess) is the quality of actors that these lines come from.
Chris

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
hey, i wasn't talking to you about JP, so don't tell me to chill. if i really need to chill, i myself will already know that. anyhow, anyone who says JP is dumb is someone who has no idea what they are talking about so it's nothing i will take offense to

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jw_Malibu
Recent bookmarks