What's new

Best Buy Offering 24 mos, 0% financing (1 Viewer)

Lorne

Agent
This is too good a deal for me to pass up and I'm tired of just wanting a big set, but will online vendors match this financing deal?

I was going to head over this week and was thinking about the Toshiba 57H82 but is anyone familiar enough with their stock to make a better recommendation? My ceiling is $2600. What do you think?

LT

Mark McAlister

Stunt Coordinator
I too was wondering if Circuit City might match the 24 month No Interest, same as cash offer. I have a Circuit City Card but not a Best Buy card, ex-wife screwed that one up for me.

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my 50hdx82 from Walters with no interest and no payments until Jan 2004. I paid 2200 with free delivery.

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Lorne-- I used to work for Best Buy actually... Just check the website-- chances are your local store won't carry any models that AREN'T on there, but you might want to call and check if they have the one you've got your eye on in stock, because a lot of the smaller stores don't carry the full line of big screens.

MichaelFusick

Second Unit
CC can't match 24 months no interest, but can on occasion match 18 months no interest to be handled one on one basis.

To match 18 months no interest, the CC store MGR must call into the bank and have the 18 months applied post sale.

I would ask to speak to the store MGR himself to get this done, as many, even sales and dept MGR's don't know it can be done, but it can.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
What would be the benefit of going through all that trouble for CC to match it if they're not gonna a beat it. I used to work at BB also and they wouldn't price match if say CC didn't have that item in stock. So it probably works the onther way around why should CC take the bite in profits if BB doesn't have one in stock, if BB doesn't have one in stick then CC doesn't have any competition for your money if the competitor is out, you can pay their price or not get it at all that would be their concept. Same thing with financing why take the chance to make money off the interest when they have no competition. Now if BB has it stock that's a different story and they want your business and they might actually beat BB financing offer, if they won't beat BB offer only match it then just go to BB and save your self all the hassle.

Daniel Smith

Mark McAlister

Stunt Coordinator
like I said the ex screwed up our credit with best buy after "she" filed for bankruptcy. I have a credit card with Circuit City which is why I was wanting them to match the offer.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Just remember the "gotcha" with these no-interest deals is that you must pay off the item within the 24 months. Otherwise, you get socked for all of the back interest retroactively.
You must must must pay it off to avoid interest!
Jan

John Chevalier

Stunt Coordinator
Thats why it's better to go on a payment plan, where the payment is divided by months. Whenever I buy my wife jewelry, thats what I do. That way, I just pay whats due each month. I think with the best buy credit card for my TV, it doesn't split it up in months, but we split it up ourselves. It makes it a lot easier to budget that way.

MichaelFusick

Second Unit
CC now adays is much more agressive than it used to be...

They would take the deal even if it was not in stock, somtimes they even match models to models they don't carry if it makes sense to do it...

Like a 50" Mits to a 51" Hitachi and things like that...

They want your bussiness and will bend over backwards for you to get it.. Atleast this is my observations. It alot different than a year or two ago.

MichaelFusick

Second Unit
Saturday. Sunday starts new ads and new sales.

CC matches no interest with little protest most times though... and always is willing to do atleast 12 months

MichaelFusick

Second Unit
On what card? Is it a MFG card or a Onecall card?

Sometimes, like with a Sony card, it's the card not the store. Other times, it's the store card.

Store cards are usually better cause you can put anything on them, even with the same purchase and qualify for no interest on everything you buy.

Otherwise, say you buy a surge, some cables, and DVD player or somthing else then you con only put that single brand qualifing item on the card and everything else go on another reciept or seperate ticket.

No big deal... just a thought... MIKE

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Mike,
Are you sure it ends Sunday....I just saw a commercial, and I could've sworn they said October 5.

MichaelFusick

Second Unit
NO, not sure.

Just know typically sales start on sunday and run though saturday, sunday would always start a new sale.

It could be extended. ???

My experience has taught me that getting 0% on somthing is not hard, all you have to do is ask for it at CC and they will be glad to do it. MGR's don't get in trouble for it like they do if they mark down prices, so they have no problem doing it even if it's not running.

I think CC runs atleast the 12 months 0% promo for about 48 weeks of the year; It pretty much is always available. I would assume BB and other are probably the same way.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I was in BB yesterday and asked Customer Service when the 24 mo deal ends and he stated this Saturday night.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks