What's new

Best Blu-ray Storage Binders out there (1 Viewer)

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
What do you think are the best of the best out there for Blu-ray discs?

Attachments

• cd-dvd-binder-case-logic-large.jpg
    cd-dvd-binder-case-logic-large.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 844

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
What do you think are the best of the best out there for Blu-ray discs?

My own personal preference is not to use anything where I have to slide discs in and out of any type of slots or sleeves . I know that BLURAY discs tend to be less fragile than DVDs , but why take a chance? When I buy a movie , I hope I'll have it to enjoy for a long time to come ,and I don't want anything that will degrade the disc especially the packaging I will store it in .

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I use Bellagio-Italia 3-ring binders, and have had no problem with any disc. It comes in black, brown, or burgundy.
519pCb1F4-L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

They are 11" x 8.2" x 2".
You can buy singles or larger bundles for a cheaper per binder price
Each page holds 4 discs, 2 in front & 2 in back. It comes with 12 pages and extra pages are available.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Joe: Do you have a link as to where those can be purchased?

Is there a place for the case artwork with the discs?

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Go to Amazon.com and search for Bellagio-Italia cd/dvd binder. I'm using them for DVDs and Blu-rays.

There is really no place for the case artwork, although they show using the lower slot for the artwork which partially covers the top disc.
I keep my case artwork in folders. I also tried using a thick rubber band to hold that case's artwork inside the front cover.

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I use Bellagio-Italia 3-ring binders, and have had no problem with any disc. It comes in black, brown, or burgundy.
519pCb1F4-L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

They are 11" x 8.2" x 2".
You can buy singles or larger bundles for a cheaper per binder price
Each page holds 4 discs, 2 in front & 2 in back. It comes with 12 pages and extra pages are available.

I use the same ones and I love them. They look good and hold up very well. I haven't had any scratches on the discs and I use then for MOD DVD-r's also.

I purchase mine through Amazon also.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I see what you're talking about here:

813m6C4ZZ%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Is there any sort of soft backing to the sleeves (where the back of the discs rest)...or just a layer of vinyl between the discs (front & back)? It's hard to tell that from the images.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
The backing is made of something other than vinyl, but I can't tell exactly what it is.
I asked my wife to feel the front and back of empty slots; she says it's fabric.

Forgot to mention earlier: The slots also hava a curved vinyl tab that covers the top of the disc.
It protects adjacent discs from rubbing against each other, and keeps the disc locked in its slot.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Joe! :thumbsup:

I'm always interested in what different people do. Years ago I brought hundreds of slim DVD cases and downsized the DVD collection by cutting all the paper inserts and relocating the discs into the skinnier cases. Now, most of those discs have been upgraded to Blu but I haven't done anything yet as the Blu collection has taken over my available space...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm honestly thinking about buying about a hundred nice quality binders, and storing every disc I have that way--Keeping all original cases, and boxes in my garage. I am almost done transporting all my movies, and TV shows on disc to my new house. SO much space taking up nearly my entire basement. My local rescued treasures shop must love me(or hate me) I have already donated over a thousand DVD/BD to them.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I'm honestly thinking about buying about a hundred nice quality binders, and storing every disc I have that way--Keeping all original cases, and boxes in my garage. I am almost done transporting all my movies, and TV shows on disc to my new house. SO much space taking up nearly my entire basement. My local rescued treasures shop must love me(or hate me) I have already donated over a thousand DVD/BD to them.
What is the approximate movie count in your collection?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
My own personal preference is not to use anything where I have to slide discs in and out of any type of slots or sleeves . I know that BLURAY discs tend to be less fragile than DVDs , but why take a chance? When I buy a movie , I hope I'll have it to enjoy for a long time to come ,and I don't want anything that will degrade the disc especially the packaging I will store it in .

I have relegated two thousand (roughly half) of my discs to Case Logic 104-disc cases -- 40 of them, which are now no longer being manufactured -- where many discs have been stored for 5-6 years. I keep the original artwork sleeves in wads so that, if I ever decide to sell any of them, I can simply return them to keep cases. I have not had a playback problem on any of the case-stored discs I have more recently watched so far. These cases are not subjected to excessive heat or humidity. Removing them from the case slots by sliding them out does not have to be any problem whatsoever.

The only problem I have encountered with disc playback has been when I had chosen to overlay custom disc artwork label onto a disc. Many of these have stopped playing properly, but can be salvaged by carefully peeling off the new artwork and using a non-abrasive cloth to clean the play surface. Lesson learned: don't use a paper overlay, regardless of how thin, to cover the original artwork even if you hate it. After all, how many people are going to see your disc other than yourself?

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
What is the approximate movie count in your collection?

I was at about 4,500. Now After eliminating a large number of my collection I'm probably in the ballpark of 3,400.

My goal is to get my collection to about two thousand pieces....and keep it there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_graham861
Recent bookmarks