What's new

Best BASS Demo for Sub Setup?? (1 Viewer)

John_VI

Second Unit
In anticipation of receiving my new SVS 25-31PCi sub today, I'd like to ask for opinions on which demos y'all use to set up (or more accurately, to LOCATE) your sub. I've seen Saving Private Ryan mentioned in another thread, but are there other demo loops that are as good/better than SPR? And I really would like it to be a loop so I don't have to mess with the remote while listening.
Thanks!

DennisMc

Grip
John,

Did you pick up an SPL meter($40) from RS ?

See SVS's site for how and WHY you should use it

to calibrate your new sub. Let us know how it sounds!

I'll be wait'n a while longer for my 25-31PCi, SVS is waiting on more drivers.

John_VI

Second Unit
Thanks Bill, but I should have mentioned above that I've already looked at the website. It lists some excellent scenes, but like I mentioned in my original post, I'd like to use loops instead of individual scenes. Unless there's a way to make my DVD player loop on an individual scene? Now THAT would be useful for sub location.

John_VI

Second Unit
Yes, Dennis, I do have the SPL meter and will use it to calibrate the sub. But this question is not about calibration, it's about LOCATION. And I WILL definitely post a review of the sub once I have it set up and calibrated. It is currently on a brown truck in my town and is "OUT FOR DELIVERY"!!!

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
well, you cud use the AVIA test disc's subwooferlevel pink noise tones and sweeps that last for 60sec per speaker, relocating the sub til you find a LOCATION that you prefer...these are tailored to a SPL meter for more exactitude than DVD cinema tracks that are variable in their mixes.

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
Most DVD players I've seen do have a A>B repeat feature which is basically a loop. You might want to double check yours.

ConradC

Grip
Maybe I am way off on this but what about U-571 depth charge scene. I know it rattles my house enough.
That's the scene I played over and over again to test out my new Dual 20-39CS+. It really does shake the house.
Simply mind blowing!
smiley_bomb.gif

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
My all time favourite is the Trex vs Spinosauraus in JP3.
With my single 16-46 CS+ that scene literally shakes my concrete room at reference levels ... Heck it made my buds toddler cry, LOLOLOLOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks