What's new

BEST 1080p DLP Projector for UNDER $3,000. Your pick?? (1 Viewer)

emo17

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris V
Hey. I'm leaning towards the Sony VPL-VW50 Pearl Projector, and then using my last grand to purchase a decent screen. But I'm wondering if the JVC RSU1 is worth an extra grand... and what your suggestions are for the best 1080 DLP (or lcos) projector for under 3 grand.

Please keep in mind Im looking for a FAST projector, to keep up with hockey games I watch, and good picture quality over all else. I can't stand pixelization. Even the nicest 6k LCD tv's piss me off because of their pixelization, but I like projectors more, so...

Thoughts???

Jacob C

Second Unit
For 1080P under $3000 I think you do not have any DLP or LCOS options. The 3 LCD Panasonic PT-AE2000E is probably what I would buy. I'm pretty sure the Sony is well over $3000 as well. The JVC is probably worth the extra money if you can swing it.

GregK

Screenwriter
The Optima HD80 1080p DLP projector has earned high marks, with it's primary detriment being it's restricted installation options. Google some reviews on this one for further information. The current going price for this one seems to be just under $2500.

emo17

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris V

Okay thanks so much. I've actually read a lot about that one, and am currently stuck between it, or the Sony VPL-VW60 (or 50), which I've both found online for under 3k (barely).

Which would you rather have?

Which is faster - to keep up with sports like hockey?

Which has the clearest picture?

Are there other projectors I should be considering as well in this price range? (keeping in mind that I'm not a fan of LCD technology).

Speaking of the technology, the only projectors I've been able to see in action have been high end 1chip DLP projectors, which have looked solid, and though I've heard the SXRD or Lcos technology in the Sony VPL-VW60 is *better* than the single chip DLP, I want to be reassured by people who have actually seen Lcos or SXRD or D-ILA technology in action.

Thanks so much! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks