What's new

Paramount+ Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe (2022)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Title: Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe (2022)

Tagline: The dumbest science fiction movie ever made.

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: Mike Judge

Cast: Mike Judge, Gary Cole, Chris Diamantopoulos, Nat Faxon, Brian Huskey, Chi McBride, Tig Notaro, Stephen Root, Andrea Savage, Martin Starr, Jimmy O. Yang

Release: 2022-06-23

Plot: In perhaps the dumbest space movie ever made, Beavis and Butt-Head are sentenced to Space Camp by a “creative” judge in 1998. Their obsession with a docking simulator (huh huh) leads to a trip on the Space Shuttle, with predictably disastrous results. After going through a black hole, they re-emerge in our time, where they look for love, misuse iPhones, and are hunted by the Deep State. Spoiler: They don’t score.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Yes!!!!!!!!!

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
I'm annoyed that this is a streaming only thing but the good news is that I'll be able to access Paramount+ through my Amazon Prime membership so I won't be missing out on this. I think Do America has to go down as one of the best executed TV spin-offs ever and I'm looking forward to this one.

Hopefully, it will get a physical release like Coming 2 America did.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The trailer looks fun. Wish they'd spend the cash to get some decent animation (imagine B&B by Pixar), but that's OK. Seems like Butthead's voice is a little higher pitched than before. That is Mike Judge doing the voices, right?

Bummer that it's only on Paramount+ though. Oh well.

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon
The trailer looks fun. Wish they'd spend the cash to get some decent animation (imagine B&B by Pixar), but that's OK. Seems like Butthead's voice is a little higher pitched than before. That is Mike Judge doing the voices, right?

Bummer that it's only on Paramount+ though. Oh well.
That's something I'm glad hasn't happened. I wouldn't want to see B&B done in anything other than the original 90s animation style.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Agreed. Pixar style animation would detract from what makes B&B so good. The animation is supposed to be 90s style and a bit rough in places.

I guess as Mike Judge has aged, he’s not able to make their voices sound exactly like they did in the 90s. I noticed Beavis’ voice was off for most of the 8th season back in 2011.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Well, I just finished *Do the Universe. It runs in the same vein as the 2011 episodes. There is a funny joke here and there, but both Beavis and Butt-Head’s voices are in the wrong pitch for most of the film and it is a chore to watch. *Do America is clearly a superior movie and the 90s MTV show is still head and shoulders better than everything else.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Comedy Central played a few original B&B episodes last night in between South Park episodes (including the music videos).

Was fun watching these. I figured it is to promote the new P+ movie but I hope they continue play more for a while.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm annoyed that this is a streaming only thing but the good news is that I'll be able to access Paramount+ through my Amazon Prime membership so I won't be missing out on this. I think Do America has to go down as one of the best executed TV spin-offs ever and I'm looking forward to this one.

Hopefully, it will get a physical release like Coming 2 America did.
Wait, if you have Amazon prime it includes paramount+?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Watched it then other day. It was fun, not quite up to par with Do America and not quite as cinematic (more along the lines of a South Park trilogy). The animation style looks different to me (like the black out lines are thicker) and yeah butt head at times sounded a little too close to real life Mike Judge. But all and all not bad. I like that someone is still willing to make fun of liberal arts college types (and B&Bs reaction to learning they had “White Privilege” was hilarious)

Also, there is another episodic run coming right? I figure the purpose of this movie was to place them in 2022 for future episodes (but does that mean we’ll be stuck with older versions of the supporting characters like Van Dreissen (I guess technically they wouldn’t even be students anymore), Stewart, Buzzcut, Todd etc. or maybe the fact they’re supposed to be older will be ignored)

Also heard the classic episodes will be available on P+ with the original music videos

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The white privilege bit was pretty funny and harkened back to the original 90s episodes. I have the Mike Judge Collection as well as the Time Life discs that were released a long time ago, however, Mike Judge pulled a George Lucas and decided some of the original episodes suddenly didn’t meet his higher-than-they-used-to-be expectations and would never see the light of day again. Most of these were from the first two seasons but there were a few great episodes from later seasons that never made it to disc. Luckily, most can be seen on YouTube (or could be seen the last time I looked a few years ago).

It would be nice to see the old episodes with the original music videos in place, but I don’t think Paramount would put out the kind of cash required to acquire the rights to use all that music.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The white privilege bit was pretty funny and harkened back to the original 90s episodes. I have the Mike Judge Collection as well as the Time Life discs that were released a long time ago, however, Mike Judge pulled a George Lucas and decided some of the original episodes suddenly didn’t meet his higher-than-they-used-to-be expectations and would never see the light of day again. Most of these were from the first two seasons but there were a few great episodes from later seasons that never made it to disc. Luckily, most can be seen on YouTube (or could be seen the last time I looked a few years ago).

It would be nice to see the old episodes with the original music videos in place, but I don’t think Paramount would put out the kind of cash required to acquire the rights to use all that music.
I read an article a couple of weeks ago that said the episodes would have videos included though not sure if it meant some videos or all videos. I suppose the Viacom conglomerate already owns a good chunk of the music right off the bat

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Last night, out of curiosity, I looked up Beavis and Butthead on MTV through the Paramount + app. The majority of the episodes are missing, although the first two I watched had 1-2 music videos each. It looks like the majority of what’s there is from the Mike Judge Collection and are probably missing the videos. I’ll watch more when I have time and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks