What's new
World Wide Stereo

BDP-S1, Firmware 1.6 Released... (1 Viewer)

Rob Grim

Stunt Coordinator
The title says it all, now all I have to do is figure out how to get a copy, lol. Here is what the firmware corrects or fixes.

This utility updates the BDP-S1 firmware to version 1.60, and is the first of two planned updates to address certain compatibility issues. This update provides the following benefits:

Improvements over firmware version 1.55:

Enhanced playback compatibility with certain BD-ROM format discs, including improved pop-up menu functionality.
Improves BD-Java compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
Additional improvements over original firmware:

Enhanced customer support capability
Compatibility with the newly released BD-R/RE format (BDMV).
Improves BD-Java compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
Enhanced playback compatibility with certain BD-ROM format discs.
Corrects the output signal status information for audio output and display when Linear PCM 5.1 channel soundtracks are played via HDMI.

728x90

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
Just call Sony support at 1-866-909-7669 and they'll send you the DVD at no charge. I ordered it on 24 May and received the disc on the 29th. Probably would've been faster if Monday hadn't been a holiday.

You can also download the update to a DVD via their site if you have a DVD burner. Just go to Sony.com click on Service and Support. When the drop down menu appears go to Drivers/Software and follow the prompts below.

I just bought a DVD burner so that I don't have to keep calling them for the discs.

Cheers!
Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks