What's new

Batman: Arkham disaster (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Didn't the PS3 GotY edition of Fallout 3 have some problems that weren't in the original game?

Also note that the original release of Uncharted 3 had a printed manual and the GotY version didn't! :)
Perhaps it did, but Fallout 3 and NV were generally buggy games, anyway. Plus, there have been dozens of GotY editions of games released since the last gen. Are you really going to use 1 example that had issues as a reason to avoid them?

Most games don't have printed manuals anymore, or at least have just a single paper. I could easily live without them. I'm buying games when they're cheap to save money, not get keepsakes or collector's items. If I wanted a collector's item, I'd have gotten the day 1 special edition.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I love manuals, but the stuff that they've been passing off as manuals in the 2000's have been so awful that I'm glad to see the concept put out of its misery.

They were once an excellent resource that I loved reading through, from the dawn of console gaming through the 1990's. But what little information they provide these days, can easily be done in-game.

But back in the days when real effort was invested in them, they were great. Here's one of my favorites, which is for SimCity for the Super Nintendo.

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_SNES/manual/Formated/SimCity_-_1991_-_Nintendo.pdf

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You have not had the pleasure of reading a shitty manual until you have tried reading an Allen-Bradley manual for their HMI software. I find all of their manuals frustrating as hell, even though they are loaded with information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks