What's new

Banzai! on Fox - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Not to diverge a little here, but why are we so backwards compared to the Europeans? They have 16:9 as standard, sexuality is seen as less harmful than violence, and their shows are funnier! And we get "Joe Millionaire"? It's not fair.

*sulks*

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
We have Japanese Anime, I'd rather see some Japanese gameshows based on Fireworks :)

Rob_V

Agent
It does look like the episodes Fox is airing are new because they are on in "Fox Widescreen." I suspect the previous versions of the show were not widescreen, as they recorded some time ago.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The thing that pissed me off was the whole 'widescreen' thing. I don't get the widescreen version so I have to watch it P&S :angry: :thumbsdown:

There were some obvious moments of the P&S'ing.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I would revive this thread to say I watched Banzai last night and got a kick out of it...

My wife goes to a Japanese hairdresser who explains that the Japanese love to bet on everything. I think that's the concept behind the show... to provide an opportunity for some fast-paced betting. (I only lost a dollar last night)

I think it might be fun to sit down with a bunch of people and actually participate with the show... until the reruns come around of course. :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yep, the week I watched it with my brother and we were trying to guess outcomes/keeping score, it was quite fun, but not so much otherwise. The uncomfortable look people get when confronted with Lady One Question is a riot, though - I don't think I would get sick of that. Most of the rest just isn't amusing when watched solo.

(With the exception of last week's stunt which involved models, a tiny chocolate, and a plastic tube. Hilariously bad taste)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Yeah, but the whole point behind "parody" is that your audience is supposed to be familiar with the concept to begin with.

How many Americans have seen a true Japanese game show? Not many I suspect. That probably explains why they have to give the disclaimer at the beginning that the show is "parody". They must have geniuses at FOX. If you have to explain a joke first...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
While I kind of like the show, I wish the games were more skillful than just randomly guessing.

Like the child of the "Little People" - at least you have a shot a winning based on some kind of thought process...Guessing which kid will find the onion on the skewer (in the guys mouth) had nothing to do with skill.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Guessing which kid will find the onion on the skewer (in the guys mouth) had nothing to do with skill.
I think that's the whole premise... pure chance. You are to bet on what the outcome will be. I don't think it's anything more complicated than that.

But man, that babe with the shotgun was hot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks