What's new

Bang&Olufsen - need assistance (1 Viewer)

Marko_J

Agent
I allready posted a thread about wharfdale speakers with no feedback, but I'll try once again with B&O.
This time I would like to know if anyone can tell me is B&O realy that good as the price suggests, or is it just a "jet-set" trick? And I would like to know anything about B&O, not just speakers, but TV, VCR, Sound sistems etc...
I hope that this time I will get at least one responce :) :b

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You will find little love on this forum for B&O. Most will say, and I agree, WAY overpriced for what you get, but it looks great :D. There are plenty of good speakers discussed on this board, is there a particular reason why you are interested in Wharfdale and B&O? I have seen positive comments on Wharfdale, though they are not often discussed on this forum.
What are the speakers for? (movies/music) Price range? Bookshelf or floor standing?

Marc H

Second Unit
It's not a brand I would buy myself but the engineering and design is top notch.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
John is right. Its way overpriced for the sound. Most people buy B&O for their looks. The sound is not horrible being that my parents owned a system during the late 80's. I do not know what they paid but I would guess it would be way too much, but it did have BIG wow factor. I guess its a matter of how you look at it. If you want decent sound that looks like art then you are not overspending, but if you just want sound, B&O is not the right path to travel. All I know about Wharfdale, besides the small amount I have gathered on this forum, is my Brother in Law is English and claims back in his college days they were very highly regarded in England. I am still wondering why they are so damn cheap on UBID though?

Marko_J

Agent
thanx to all of you for your info
I need wharfdale 8.1 diamond for my rear speakers, and I can get them for 200$ here in Croatia
and B&O interests me mainly b/c of the design - and offcourse wow factor... but it gets wow responce mainly from the guys and not the chicks so there's no need for that...
it just look so damn great :D
B&O has this 16:9 TV 32' on special offer in my town fo 3000$.
It's still too much, but it's much cheapeer than their usual price...

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Well if you need the WoW factor the B&O can't be beat. The only thing that comes close are the Nakamichis. However, the sound quality, while not bad, is nowhere as good as the price suggests. They might be BOSE quality, or slightly better. I recall a review of their powered floorstanding speakers that wasn't very favorable when driven by its integrated amp. When switched to an external amp the sound quality was noted to be much better, but still not as good as other cheaper speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks