What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Band of Brothers coming to HD DVD (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I never bought it on dvd.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
Look forward to it on Blu-ray.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I am very much looking forward to this release. I wonder if it will be in the oversized cases the other Japanese releases I have purchased came in.

Dave>h

Second Unit
Why are people expecting this on Blu Ray? I thought HBO was doing HD DVD exclusively. Or did the Sopranos come out in Blu as well as HD DVD?

Either way, look forward to this coming out on HD DVD in the US. Assuming it ever does. Absolutely fantastic series on DVD. I might double dip if I can sell the DVD's.

Dave

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
HBO content is distributed by Warner Bros. so it would be on both formats just like the Sopranos.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Given Warner's treatment (or lack of) with many Blu-ray titles, who knows when and how it will be released on Blu-ray. (The BD-J issue doesn't explain all of Warner's actions by any means.)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

The BD-J issue explains the lack of BD releases for the In-Movie Experience titles, such as Batman Begins and V for Vendetta. The currently HD-DVD only titles without In-Movie Experience, such as Forbidden Planet and Casablanca, is explained by the earlier launch of HD-DVD. Like the recently released The Dirty Dozen and Enter the Dragon, the BD versions are slowly catching up.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
"The high price of the dvd set is the main reason I never got around to buying it."

It was originally $100 for the set....ever since I have seen it for $80 or less. As low as $50-60, iirc.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
About once a year I see the original set at Costco for about $50. Not a bad price for such a good series. I don't know if I'd be willing to import it for $200 + shipping though... that's a bit too high for me.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

But, what about the explanation for lack of lossless audio on the Blu-ray version of Happy Feet (and other movies), for example, but not the HD DVD version?

JulianK

Supporting Actor
There's an odd disparity between US and UK DVD pricing.

We Brits pay far more for new release discs and catalogue titles, generally, but benefit from some very agressive discounting in promotions and sales.

Band of Brothers is usually sold here for about £18 ($36), from an RRP of £60 ($120).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks