What's new

Bale looses it during filming... (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
That probably sounded like a great line when you wrote it, but it really works against you. Think about it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Any publicity is good publicity. Well played Mr. Bale. Love you or hate you, people are thinking about you
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

A chewing out is a chewing out, whether there are expletives used or not. I guess there were alternatives, like a dainty heart-to-heart or a good old fashioned fist fight. Sometimes enough is enough. I've seen worse, and in those cases it might have been justified too.

People made a big deal out of Anquan Boldin's sideline outburst in the NFC CHampionship Game a couple weeks ago. It was all over the papers, ESPN, everywhere. Except to the people involved, "it was no big deal", "it happens in the heat of the moment", etc.

Mark Hawley

Second Unit

Oh please.

I'll rephrase it then: You listened to a tape where the evil mother and sister of poor old put-upon Christian Bale insulted his wife, admitted it was just to get a rise out of him then bragged about how they were going to tell the police that he physically assaulted them all as part of their vast conspiracy to tear him down?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If someone wants to pass it off as "actual footage", couldn't they at least have done decent lip-synching?

John Doran

Screenwriter
i don't care about bale's outburst.

i am, however, amazed that others care about it, and how (and why) they think about it.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

And yet you still commented of one side of the argument? I don't get it I guess, how can you say you don't care, then post your opinion on the same situation we did?

I guess what I'm saying is don't pass judgment on the rest of us when you're doing the same thing. You commented on the same situation the rest of us did (Bale) and then said why do we care about it, somehow distancing yourself from the rest of us.

Also most of the comments in here are how each person could or could not understand how he could do that, not about them caring about Bales outburst. I don't care about Bale personally, I don't know him. But I can see how someone could be in a position to have an outburst like that and I don't think he should be thrown out of society for it.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
All I know is I'm going to freaking lose it if I see one more internet thread telling me how "Christian Bale looses it during filming".

Sorry, but loose for lose is my A#1 pet peeve. Grrrrrr! :angry:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Keep steaming. It's been pointed out several times, and there's a Moderator participating heavily in this thread, so apparently it's not going to be fixed.

John Doran

Screenwriter
but i didn't comment on bale: i commented on others' comments on bale.

and i'm not sure i'm judging anyone: i'm simply expressing my lack of comprehension about something other people are doing.

(of course, pedantically speaking, i'm judging that other people are doing things that i don't understand; but i'm pretty sure that's not the kind of "judging" you're talking about)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If the OP wants his title changed, he can ask for it. I don't edit people's posts for typos, and I take the same approach to titles, except when asked.

Jeff will cope. He's a grown-up.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Just a thought: the rant seemed to be in two parts, firstly he chewed up the DP, for what I think most can agree was a violation of set etiquette and unprofessional conduct on the part of the DP (leaving aside whether he 'deserved' to get chewed up that way), but he seemed to have calmed down and wanted to go again -- and isn't that the mark of a professional, focusing on the job at hand, despite less than ideal working conditions -- but the director suggested a break, which Bale didn't want, then I get the impression the DP gave him some more lip, which set him off again. Hence the rant seems rather long, but one could argue it's really two rants.

Oh well. I just hope the movie is good.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am sure scenes like these routinely occur at informal work places (construction site, warehouses, restaurant kitchens, and yes, movie sets), and at quite a few formal ones. For example I would imagine that in a highly competitive environment replete with types As, like Wall St, some mid-level manager chewed down his secretary today in a similar fashion.

Celebrities do not have the monopoly of irascibility.

--
H

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

As a definite Type A in a stressful job, I can easily admit to a couple of these tirades myself. But I always aim up, not down. Managers need to be taken down a peg when their egos get bigger than their brains and they start hurting the team. Underlings deserve to be praised and rewarded, for they are the backbone of every organization. I was the bane of my manager's existence at my last place (except when he actually needed something done), but I treated every admin as if they were gold, simply because I depended on them so much. Aiming up can be constructive and useful, aiming down just means you are a bastard.

As to this particular meltdown; Bale is the talent, and someone who thought he was in charge was more worried about his lights than the "big picture" (pun intended). You can criticize his language (although I wouldn't), but if the DP did violate well known etiquette multiple times, well then you can't really decry the complaints that lay between Bale's F-bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks