What's new

Baby Looney Tunes series announced (1 Viewer)

Brian Cruz

Agent
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthrea...threadid=36877
Didn't the "take perfectly good cartoon characters and turn them into kids/babies" trend die off about a decade ago? Weren't Muppet Babies, The Flintstone Kids, The Tom & Jerry Kids, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, etc. etc. more than enough? I thought Tiny Toons did a fine job of creating young Looney Tunes without actually turning the original characters into kids. But now they've gone and done it anyway.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
1. Tweety looks exactly the same.
2. Who the heck is that other duck? I guess you've got to do something to get some female characters in there - I always found it odd that there weren't more female LT's, since they first appeared when strong female leads were generally billed above the male leads in live-action films.
3. Looking at the time-slot they're talking about (weekdays 9am), I can't say I'm really against this idea - I'm not saying the originals or Tiny Toons are inappropriate for the Pre-K crowd, but the new series described really seems tailored to them. This reminds me of "Muppet Babies" in a good way - it uses familiar characters, but not the "real" ones, so the characters we love aren't "dumbed down" for kids.
4. I don't see Wile E. Coyote... I'm ticked! :)
5. New Theatrical Shorts - Hot Damn! Sure, they'll wind up dragging me into movies I wouldn't otherwise see, since I can't be sure they'll be included in the Brattle's next annual Bugs Bunny Film Festival (for example, has anyone seen Link Removed? Anyone?)
6. Anyone else remember the way "Taz-Mania" savaged this sort of idea in "Taz-Babies"? Art Vitello and company really zeroed in on how cynical an idea this sort of thing is.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I rolled my eyes when I first saw this, but now that I think about it, it's OK. It allows them to bring back the Looney Tunes format without butchering the original characters.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, tiny toons and muppet babies were awesome... I remember always waking up saturday mornings crawling into my parents bed to watch it...
I love the little green duck in Tiny Toons:
"watah go down da hooole" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks