What's new

avia purchase? (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
where can I purchase one of these calibration DVD's do most A/V stores carry them or do they need to be ordered online? How much does an avia disk cost?

PeterK

Supporting Actor
I don't want to do much in way of calibration. Is the thx calibrator that is on Thx certified movies enough? I just wan't my picture at the correct contrast and brightness levels and my audio to have the correct volumes.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The THX will work in a pinch, but it is tailored to the particular movie that it comes with, so every version is different. If you truly want ot calibrate to reference, Avia, Sound & Vision or Digital VE is the way to go. Make sure you use an SPL meter to calibrate the audio.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Do local AV stores carry Avia or DVE? I would really prefer not to buy online. :)
thanks

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
I was in Future shop last week and I saw the VE set up disc. But now that I think of it, it might have been at A&B Sound. But it was one of those two in Saskatoon.
Mike!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks