What's new

AV TV Channel - Help! (1 Viewer)

Paddy

Auditioning
Um, I'm new to home theatre, I juts got a new Philips 34" Tv about 18 months ago. I've only got an old JVC vhs player plugged into the RF! At the end of the year, I'm getting a Panasonic SC-DM3 dvd player/hometheatre. It's real nice how it stands up like a Playstation 2 and has a blue LCD screen.
None of the AV holes are being used at the moment. When I push the 'AV' button on the TV remote, a blue, blank AV Channel (AV1) will come on the screen. Push it again, and it goes to 'AV2'. The problem is that the channel number stays there. All the other channels, like channel 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. the channel number goes away after about 5 seconds. The AV Channels' number just stays there. SO, once my dvd player is plugged in, will this AV2/AV1 channel number disappear?

Just on another note, I got my first dvd movie today, 4-5 months before I'm getting my dvd player!
Thanks
Paddy

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I would say, the TV probably leaves it there until it can lock on to a signal and since there is no input there (yet), the AV's just stay there.

That's my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks