What's new

Austin Powers 3 trailer - Mini Austin! (1 Viewer)

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
I will say that I enjoyed the teaser for AP2 much more than AP3. The Star Wars tie-in on the AP2 teaser was funny as hell. The tail end of the teaser for AP3 didn't show much creativity IMHO, although I did enjoy the first part. (Now what did I do with my copy of Goldfinger?) It might have made it funnier if they spoofed an upcoming summer blockbuster like they did last time instead of wearing out the whole 'mini-me' thing.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Aw c'mon guys. I dare you to tell me you didn't laugh your ass off whenthe mini-AP tried to do a flip into his car and landed flat on his back on the trunk. I laughed so hard I spit my coke out.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well you will notice that they used no new footage on the first part, except the girl in gold. They even took the (edit out the extra B) F(at)B(astard) scene from part 2 and just put a gold filter on it.

For the second part I assume it's all just an ad, no real film footage there. With the gag being "aren't you about ready for a "little" Austin". You know, a little more Austin, not really a mini-me Austin. ha ha.

Well anyway, I thought it was funny to see the original film spoofed like that for the sake of an ad. To me the humor was in how closely they spoofed it, down to him leading the band.

This is just a mega-teaser, not unlike other teasers that simply mention the picture with the music or a few shots except that this runs longer.

I also liked that they made fun of their own trailer campaign for AP2. I thought the gag was that we would again expect them to mention Star Wars (AOTC) but they don't, even on the "2 movies" part.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I laughed for a few seconds, then this one joke trailer got old very fast.
Still, I liked both films and look forward to more fat, fart, poop, sex and bad teeth jokes.:D
BTW, shouldn't we be saying "little people" instead of midgets?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Sat through this trailer twice before LOTR yesterday, and not one laugh, chuckle, guffaw, snort or even semiaudible smirk was heard. This looks like a disastrous ad campaign to me.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I thought it was funny.

At the midnight show the crowd was laughing and overwhelmingly in approval. OTOH, at the 11:00 show there were hardly any laughs.

Gruson

Second Unit
I also saw this before LOTR and only one person laughed.

Horrible marketing.

I finally laughed when Mike Myers yelled out "Yeah Baby" at the end.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
C'mon, not a single person laughed in a jampacked theater. Chance alone would dictate that at least one person laughed. :D

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm a Austin Powers fan but the teaser stretched out that one joke way too long. Hopefully, the movie will be better than the teaser.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The trailer was quite unfunny indeed. I hated AP2 because it went beyond the limits of disgusting juvenile humor and it rehashed a lot of the same jokes from the first one. The trailer for "Goldmember" shows nothing about the film, so I don't know if I should chance it and see the film or simply skip it all together.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I got the teaser before my second helping of Fellowship of the Ring on Thursday. A good number of people there, of all ages..... The teaser barely raised a snigger out of anyone. I really like the Goldfinger credits spoof right at the start, very well done.... but I didn't care for the rest.

Dan (UK)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I just seen the teaser, quite unfunny indeed. I would like to see a full trailer before I can pass more judgement on how this looks like it's going to turn out though. Since the second one was basically a rehash of the first one I guess we know whats going to happen anyway.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
When I went to see LOTR yesterday, the Goldmember teaser got a better audience response than the feature film. But enough of all that.....I can't wait to see Spider Man!

StephenC

Stunt Coordinator
The only laugh this trailer got on Wendsday was when the title Goldmember was shown.Other than that,silence.I wish we had gotten the Blade 2 trailer instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks