What's new

Audio out of synch (1 Viewer)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem or a software problem, so I'll just post it here in Hardware and see if any solution emerges. If it ends up being a software problem, then I'm sure a nice mod will move it.
I was over at a friend's place seeing his new RPTV and watching Saving Private Ryan. At the end of the movie I noticed that the audio went out of synch. When a person would talk you'd hear it before you see it. It was off by about a 1/2 second, but very noticable and distracting. Is this a problem on the DVD or his hardware? Has anybody ever experienced this before? We didn't try out any other DVD, but he said that happens once in a while.
He has a Sony DVD player and a Yamaha receiver. I didn't have the time to check his setup thoroughly. I know his DVD player has an internal DD decoder, but I don't know if he's using that one or the one in the receiver. Basically, I'm just wondering if anybody has experienced this before and what was the cause.
(He doesn't know much about how to properly set up hardware. I had to adjust the settings on the DVD player to properly take advantage of his 16:9 hi-def RPTV. He also hadn't calibrated yet. Yeesh! Unfortunately he doesn't live close, and if I'd known that I'd have brought over Video Essentials and my SPL meter.)
Thanks.
Edit: Oops! I think I misspelled the subject.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

[Edited last by Bill Catherall on September 23, 2001 at 02:21 PM]

Justin Lott

Agent
Real Name
Justin Lott
It is his DVD player. I have a Sony that will occasionally do the same thing. It is a glitch in his player. When ever it does crop up - you can fast forward for a second and then press play or perhaps it was pause and then play (one of the two combinations work).
Irritating as hell isn't it? hehe
Justin

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Thanks Justin. That's weird though because I have a Sony also but it never happens. Yes, it was very annoying. I couldn't pay attention to the movie. I was too distracted by it.
Anybody else?
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks