audio dropouts in Willy Wonka WS in elevator rides from main menu?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rob kilbride, Nov 16, 2001.

1. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Supporting Actor

Rob Kilbride
    During the elevator rides that follow each menu option there are several pops and or audio dropouts. My disc does have a manufacturers defect where the metal layer has a scratch on the outer edge. DO you think this is because of the defect or has anyone else experienced this? By the way I have a Sony DVP-S530D.

2. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

I have the exact same problem, with the same DVD player. I think it's a minor annoyance, but not something I'm really concerned about. I'm just happy to have the Wonka SE in OAR.

3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I think -- or at least this was my initail
    impression -- that those so-called audio
    dropouts are done purposely to give the effect
    of the Wonka elevator traveling.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
    Circa 2000
    Home Theater Forum Administrator
    All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: hometheaterforum@home.com
    Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
    Email Packy packy@hometheaterforum.com

4. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Supporting Actor

Rob Kilbride
    I had similar problems with Dinosaur SE, Snow White , and now Wonka. Dinosaur SE doesn't have this problem on my friend's Playstation and I assume probably not with the others either. I think the player probably needs a firmware upgrade. I called Sony and they wanted me to bring it in for service. But I wasn't willing to part with my only player while they figured out what the problem was. I emailed them asking why couldn't they test it on their own player and own disc and when the upgrade is ready give me a call, but I got no answer. So whenever I get my next player I'll bring it in for service.

5. Christopher_X

Christopher_X Auditioning

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be like that, however annoying. Either the sample was too short or they thought it was a clever way of simulating a wacky elevator ride.

6. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

I think its more of the studio conspiracy to keep us from buying OAR! [​IMG]
    Brian
    ------------------
    Zed's Dead Baby...