What's new

ATTN ALL: King Kong Box Set With Collector's Tin, Son Of Kong, & Mighty Joe Young!!! (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
You aren't kidding those pro frames are expensive. Largely the mat and the non-glare glass. Those cheap poster frames at Michael's are still not that cheap, even with the 40% off they almost always have on them (continuous "sale"). They are expensive (here) for everything. Think I'll check out the Wal-Mart when mine comes, didn't even know they had poster frames.

OT, but maybe of interest to those looking for some classic movie "poster art" for their HT room. But in a much smaller size = cheap to frame and not so dominant (you can fit more variety). Look for calendars called Classic Movie Posters. They have very high quality art on thick paper, about the size of an LP (can fit in those LP cover frames), 12 of the classics each year. They are about 70% off now, so I'd guess they go for about $5 in the U.S. amazon.com has it I see but more expensive. I have one ready to cut up... I should warn you that these are collected, so ones before 2006 are pretty expensive.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
How long did you wait to send away for it? I didn't even get my Kong box set until almost a week after street date (stupid Best Buy) and I didn't send my form in until a few days after that and I've had mine for 2 or 3 weeks. I don't have my form anymore (obviously) but maybe someone that didn't participate in the offer could see if there's a phone number you could call to see what's up.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Bill: I sent it in a few days after I bought it. Reciept, proof of purchase, check, sealed envelope.

However... when I sent in for the free Incredibles poster, I was told it would be 6-8 weeks (I entered a few days after buying the DVD) and I just got it in December.

Porfirio

Second Unit
I'm still waiting for my poster. I mailed the order form the same weekend of release, but it barely got processed on January 6.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Patrick: the phone number to call "if you have not received the Poster by the time allotted" is 866-488-4640. Actually, the "allotted" time is 8-10 weeks, not the 6-8 I said before. My request was mailed on Dec. 5 FWIW.

Jeff Krispow

Stunt Coordinator
Just as an FYI, my KONG poster check finally "cleared" waaay back during the first week of January, and…

…my poster arrived today! Woohoo!

So folks, it looks like Warner is finally getting around to doing the bulk shipping of the posters -- at least for those of us who got "cleared" in January.

As Steve and Craig stated, it arrived in a VERY sturdy poster tube, and the poster itself is mighty fine to behold, and is printed on very thick stock!

I SO need to get this framed, especially since I somehow doubt that I'll be purchasing a real one-sheet anytime soon.

Anyway folks, keep watching your mailboxes, because your KONG' sheet should be making a personal visit very soon (er, actually, it's more like "Keep watching the corner of your front door, since there is NO way that tube's gonna fit in your mailbox).

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yes, the poster and everything about the Kong release was a total class act by Warners.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

A minor thing: did the Best Buy tinned Kong set box have a "top", or was it "open" on one face? I did not buy this myself, had it purchased in the U.S. for me so I could get the poster, so have not seen the box in its original state. Thanks.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Craig, the BB set was open on the front end. You set the DVDs inside the box as opposed to sliding them into the side. (Hope that makes sense.)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks. I should have known the way I got the box was the way it came... The box set was bought by my mother in AZ: it's in perfect shape, she even cut out the stickers that were stuck on the shrinkwrap, kept all the junk inserts too. I didn't ask her to do that, but it's what I usually do...at least I know where I get my anality...:b

ToddJ

Second Unit
I was going to send away for the poster, but I see there are several proof of purchase tabs. Does it actually matter which one I send?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks