What's new

"Arrested Development" Returning for New Season and Movie (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'll believe it when I see it, but seems to be somewhat breaking news "http://au.chortle.com/news/2011/10/03/12952/arrested_development_to_return"
Arrested Development to return New series and film on the cards Arrested Development to return Cult American sitcom Arrested Development is set to return for one more series and a movie, creator Mitch Hurwitz has revealed. Speaking at the New Yorker festival tonight, he said the series and the movie will be filmed in the autumn of 2012. There will be nine or ten episodes, each one focussing on what a particular member of the wealthy yet dysfunctional Bluth family has been up to in the six years since the series has been on air. It will then be followed by the long-awaited movie. He broke the news at a cast reunion event that brought together stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, David Cross, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter. The show ran on Fox from 2003 to 2006, but its ratings never lived up to critical acclaim. Nonetheless the show continues to be aired on ABC2 The possibility of a movie was referenced in the final episode, but plans have hit a number of hurdles over the past years. Rumours of a movie spin-off have been swirling since around 2008, when Bateman and Tambor revealed they had been approached about the possibility. Read more: http://au.chortle.com/news/2011/10/03/12952/arrested_development_to_return#ixzz1ZgOp6mFR

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
After years of reading "Yeah, Mitch Hurwitz is writing it and we're all going to be in it", this actually seems like the real deal to me. However, I wonder how they'll work around Will Arnett's schedule (assuming his new show is still on next season) if they're shooting in the fall.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I would have liked to see this go to Showtime or HBO.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2011-10-02/arrested-development-returns-tv-movie/50638446/1

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
TravisR said:
After years of reading "Yeah, Mitch Hurwitz is writing it and we're all going to be in it", this actually seems like the real deal to me. However, I wonder how they'll work around Will Arnett's schedule (assuming his new show is still on next season) if they're shooting in the fall.
As that USA TODAY article mentions, the 9-10 episode season will focus upon one specific character per episode, which would still let Arnett and Bateman keep their respective day jobs, scheduling-wise. Different from the previous seasons, but enough to shake it up a bit, perhaps. As much as I love the show, I never really wanted the movie to come to fruition. I never thought the series' strengths would translate well to a film, nor did I ever need any closure beyond the series' end. That being said, I still can't help but feel giddy at the idea of another run of episodes coming out, even if using a slightly different format than before.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Anything that brings this group back together is fantastic news to me. I was excited at the prospect of them just doing a movie, but 10 episodes of a TV show leading up to that......I'm counting down the days. :tu:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm dying to see my favorite analrapist back on the small screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks