What's new

Pre-Order Aquaman (4k UHD) (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
im watching the 4K iTunes stream and I’m a bit disappointed in the image and Atmos sound quality. Volume seems too low. And the 4K picture somewhat soft. The Vudu UHD stream seems the same.

Anyone else agree?

Hopefully the physical disc will look and sound better to me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
If you aren't a BestBuy RZ Elite then FS is $35. If you have a BBY close by you could do a Free Store pickup OR I used to add a small BBY physical Gift Card to avoid the shipping charge (i think $15 is the smallest, but I spend those pretty easily)

The other option -- Bullmoose.com -- 29.97 with no tax outside of Maine and FS. Very reliable seller
https://www.bullmoose.com/p/2908182...e-on-demand-could-take-2-3-weeks-for-delivery

OTOH Amazon is 48-49 after tax.
What’s with the “made on demand”? Surely that’s not true?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
You did see my point about Canada? I can’t believe anyone is thinking of ordering from Europe when you could order cheaper from a place that is probably 100 to 200 miles from you and still sends out the 3D with the 2D discs and often still has a slipcover!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You did see my point about Canada? I can’t believe anyone is thinking of ordering from Europe when you could order cheaper from a place that is probably 100 to 200 miles from you and still sends out the 3D with the 2D discs and often still has a slipcover!

The Canadian release is not 4K+3D+Blu-ray. The French release is - $42.29US shipped.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It just means they make small batches, and when they run out they'll make more which may cause a delay in shipping the item if they have to wait for a restock. It's a regular, manufactured disc, not some sort of DVD-R or whatever the BR equivalent may be.

I think all the Warner 3D discs over the past couple years are technically "Made on demand."

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

Why don't you cancel your Alien and Aquaman single orders then order them together to avoid shipping costs? Both will ship separately based on their release date and you'll probably get them early before their Tuesday release date.

Didn't realize Ron had another order pending, but I seriously agree with that esp if that means saving $8 shipping.

The BBY exclusive 3D has a DVD and probably a slipcover (for those that it matters) and is a Warner Home Video release.
Deep Discount, Bullmoose, and the rest (non Amazon) will be via Warner Archives 3D+2D+Dig release and likely won't have a slip

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

Technically true -- all Warner 3D (except the Amaz/BBY/Walmart exclusives) back to Skull Island for nearly 2 years have been sourced through Allied Vaughn which handle Warner Archives pressed Bluray.

MOD is not equivalent to burned.

To be honest when I've compared discs from the WA MOD US 3D, the Canadian WHV 3D, and the WHV Best Buy Exclusive 3D disc, they appear to be the same exact disc down to the print ID and file numbers so they are made at the same plant/production line that makes regular Warner Home Video discs.

The only differences I can find is lack of slipcovers on the US discs, the cases/artwork are a little less sophisticated and sometimes look like those unevenly produced Warner Archive type will lower quality paper, and the UPC. I wish I knew exactly how Allied Vaughn worked -- do they just handle distribution for Warner, do they take naked discs from the Replication plant and do their own assembly work making artwork on site or do they go to a different assembly line at the replication plant. Before all/most of the US plants closed I thought WAC was using one of the older US plants instead of the bigger Technicolor Mexico plant, but I could never get confirmation of that either.

Amazon.ca is listing it for $29.99, and as I keep reminding you folks below the 49th/, the Canadian dollar is under $.75 US right now.

But after you add the $7.50USD shipping it puts it almost in the same ballpark as the US disc and probably a little more than the UK and German releases by rlease day. If Best Buy didn't have an exclusive, I'd probably get the Canadian disc since I have about 8 of the recent Warners from there or the French supercombo pack

As noted the French release is a different animal adding the 4K and/or steelbook packing.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just ordered from Best Buy, but damn, even that was very expensive at nearly $40 with shipping and tax.
Jivaro 3D comes out the same day from Kino and 3D Archive. I combined that with Aquaman to get two 3D titles and free shipping from Best Buy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jivaro 3D comes out the same day from Kino and 3D Archive. I combined that with Aquaman to get two 3D titles and free shipping from Best Buy.
That will work along with ordering "Alien" 4K/UHD to save even more shipping costs if you want all three discs without having separate orders with shipping costs.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I could not find Alien 4K on CA. Did I miss it?

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Thanks to all for the good advice on this thread. Last night I ordered the 3D versions of Aquaman and the new Fantastic Beasts from Best Buy, and the total qualified for free shipping. And Fantastic Beasts has already shipped! I'm happy to find acceptable alternatives to Amazon if they insist on continuing these stupid games with certain studios.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve used Best Buy for recent Warner 3D items and I’m finding that they’re shipping faster than Amazon and packaging the items better. They’re starting to win me over...

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those interested, Best Buy has a deal going right now for the regular Blu-ray and the 4K steelbook releases. If you pre-order at these links, you get a free Movies Anywhere code instantly via email that allows you to watch the streaming version right away:

4K Steelbook:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aquama...d4a412d11e984b07e1b234356370INT&skuId=6318801

Blu-ray:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aquama...ebc412e11e9b2e39ee15ae9a4c50INT&skuId=6319737

Not a bad offer, but be aware if you cancel after ordering the digital copy they will charge you $20 whether you've redeemed the code or not.
If you change your mind and decide to cancel your order prior to redeeming the CODE, make 100% sure you cancel the Digital Code 1st and only then go back and cancel the Disc. If you mistakenly cancel the disc 1st, the ability to cancel the Digital disappears online and you;ll have to go through CSR and likely more than one level person to get refunded.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Good to know David. Thanks for the heads-up, although I wouldn't have expected any other type pf arrangement.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I only have a short drive to my local Magnolia Best Buy and I typically just go pick up the movies there.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am so torn on what to buy here.

The 3D Blu-ray is getting good reviews but it's absent of the IMAX ratio sequences.

Also absent, if I am correct about this, is the Atmos mix.

So, I am almost leaning towards 4k here over 3D which is a rarity.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I am so torn on what to buy here.

The 3D Blu-ray is getting good reviews but it's absent of the IMAX ratio sequences.

Also absent, if I am correct about this, is the Atmos mix.

So, I am almost leaning towards 4k here over 3D which is a rarity.
If the 3D is good, I have to go with the 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks