What's new

Anyone using Linksys Network Storage Link? (1 Viewer)

Joe Reinwald

Stunt Coordinator
Hi folks,

I just bought an 802.11g router/card. I'm using the card with my laptop and have my desktop plugged directly into the router.

I was going to buy an external harddrive to have, well, more storage for both computers, and for the portability between home and the office. I've been looking at Linksys' Network Storage Link (NSLU2) so that I could "share" the external drive. Anyone have any experience with these? I get the impression that they're fairly new, though. The local b&m has it for about $100 but I did see it online for about $80.

Just curious,
Joe

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
my friend and I bought one of those for our network and had alot of issues with it. Save your cash and buy a better brand, linksys just isnt that great anymore.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
NAS (Network Attached Storage) is pretty cool, but it just doesn't make too much sense in the home unless you have all laptops that move around a lot. Since you have a desktop, I would simply get a Firewire or USB2.0 HD and plug it into the desktop and make it a shared drive. This gives you the exact same capabilities . . . the only difference being that you have to leave the desktop on all the time for it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.