What's new

Anyone using an Infocus X1 and HTPC? (1 Viewer)

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I know it is not necessary due to the good scaling of the projector, but I just wanted to see if anyone actually using this setup had any tips/insight for me...

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
well haven't used that particular setup but from my knowledge of the infocus X1, you'll more than likely want to use the movie mode which is the dimmer of the two modes but has a much higher contrast. then in exchange you'll want to set the projector up in a very dark place. even though it's advertised as 1000lumens, that's only in presentation mode which has less than average contrast. the movie mode set's the resolution to roughly 400-600lumens. but I feel that the higher contrast and colour accuracy is worth it.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Rob (I am assuming you own an X1)have you done any video calibrations (like Avia). If so, can you please tell me what your settings are. I went to AVS and took the averages of what some other people posted, but the image is still a little dark.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
sry haven't used one, just been shopping around and auditioning projectors for a few months now and have been getting to know a few models really good. that one in particular took my eye as it's really inexpensive for what your getting. . . but the low lumens on it has been keeping me from buying it.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I wouldn't worry about it. I also auditioned the Sanyo Z1 and it is much better despite a higher lumens output. The picture looked grainy on a large screen (to me) but with a HTPC it might be different story entirely. I love the Infocus so far (about 50 hours of use). Digital cable through s-video looks like analog but I am graduating and moving soon and hope to get HD service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks