What's new

Anyone Upgrade Their Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX Receiver (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone upgraded their Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX receiver to include the firewire input. According to Pioneer's website you can bring the receiver to their office in Long Beach, CA & for $500 upgrade the receiver to make it just like the new VSX-49TXI (firewire input & other things). You have to bring cash & the offer is good until July 31st of this year.

If so does the firewire input on the receiver & the 47AI make a huge difference in sound for DVD-audio & SACD. I'm considering getting mine done & buying the 47AI for the firewire input if there is a huge difference in sound for DVD-audio & SACD.

Does the firewire allow you to use tone controls for bass & treble on DVD-audio & SACD? What other differences would the firewire input make over the original analog in inputs. How big is the difference in sound if I upgrade to the firewire inputs.

Thanks for your help.

SC Trojan

Agent
Real Name
Gary
Evelio,

question- with sacd/dvd-audio you can no longer use the MACC EQ correct? can you use MACC with the firewire connection? MACC is the ONLY reason I bought the pioneer in the first place. the custom EQ makes a huge difference in my room. thanks

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Evelio is there any upgrade for a firewire input on the 47A DVD player or do I have to sell mine & buy the 47AI?

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Evelio is there any upgrade for a firewire input on the 47A DVD player or do I have to sell mine & buy the 47AI?
You have to sell the 47A and buy the 47Ai.

The 47Ai is a whole lot different from the 47A. Besides adding firewire, the menu system is different and the "+10" is gone from the remote. Read the instructions carefully when you hook up the i-link from the 47Ai to the upgraded 49TX.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Is it hard to hook up the I-link? I'm not sure what you meant from read the instructions carefully.

Also does the 47AI have the compressed mode for the non-anamorphic DVDs so I can leave my DVD player in progressive mode on non-anamorphic DVDs? My T.V. locks in fullmode with a progressive signal so I usually put the 47A in compressed mode when I watch non-anamorphic DVDs. I don't want to lost that feature if I upgrade to the 47AI.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Emilio does the firewire input sound significantly better than the analog multi adjust on the 49TX? The analog multi adjust would let you use tone controls & bass management, etc. Is there is a night & day difference between the two? If so I guess I'll go ahead & upgrade & get the new DVD player.

Gary Rhine

Stunt Coordinator
When playing a DVD video with the pioneer vsx-49txi do you get 5.1 or 7.1 with derived side channels?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks